Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Differances between Eastman B3 and Real Mcoys

Davidm

Familiar Face
Actually got same question.
i'm planning to buy B3 for cold winter, but got concern about wich brand to choose.
i'm considering RMNZ or Eastman.
RMNZ is like double the price of Eastman, so i'm wondering why? and also the question is about the materials. As far i understood RMNZ they will change supplier of sheepskin. OR they had some problems witt sheepskin production this year. Not sure.
Would be nice if someone can share some experience about current state of B-3 market.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RMNZ B-3s are heavier than the current Eastman jackets and as you say are way more expensive. You can't go wrong with the latest Eastman Roughwear B-3. John Lever has just taken delivery of one and will be sure to tell you all about its virtues. I have a size 44 Eastman Roughwear which is 15-20 years old and is so good it has been mistaken for an original. The main problem with the current model is the repro Crown zip, which is prone to breaking. NOS Talons are the way to go IMO!

John Lever

One Too Many
Eastman 's tend to have longer cuffs and lighter belt straps than RMNZ which can be 4 mm thick.. RMNZ also have bigger collars and wider arms, they are also much heavier and in a different league quality wise. Eastman's are very nice jackets but they just can't compete with RM but they are very expensive !!
IMGP1519.jpg

ResizeofIMG_6983.jpg

IMGP1371.jpg

IMGP1547.jpg

IMGP1008.jpg

Below are the ELC jackets -
IMGP3041.jpg

IMGP3042.jpg

IMGP3046.jpg

IMGP2300.jpg

Baron Enski

Familiar Face
Thanks John and Andrew thats exactly the info I was looking for !!!!! Only thing now is which one Already have eastman house mono tone want a two tone have to save save save !!!!! Thats after the Eastman Star Sportswear of course

Damn nice! I've never heard of this brand. Where does on find them???

OK, I finally figured out what the RMNZ means ;)
Their website is an abomination, and at least on a Mac, does not work.
I emailed to see if I can get a catalog.
BTW, can anyone give me a ballpark on prices? Anything just to get an idea...

Thanks!

Davidm

Familiar Face
Big thanks for answers and John specialy for pictures!
ButteMT61, RMNZ have a special brand/collection for Japanese Market called "The Few"
Here is the website: thefewmfg.com
there is lots of pictures in "catalog" section.

For me was a big surprise how good and trim Eastman B-3 fits (great pictures!)

I was drooling around RMNZ/The Few B-3 because of fit mostly.
Look at those pictures (took from Rakuten.co.jp):
few178cm60kg.jpg

few178cm60kg2.jpg

i guess they are making special "slim" arms for JP market, becuase on John's RMNZ pics arms looks very large.

Wow. Nice pieces of work! But I see (what's new) sizes to 46/48 only.
Well, it's off to Aero. They will make me anything I want a reasonable price! Lord, I even lost 15 lbs and if I lost the next 15 - which is the goal, I still can't imagine getting smaller than a 50. I'm not fat, just big. The pounds were mostly "mid-region" ;)

Baron Enski

Familiar Face
Just want to know did B3 sheepskin thickness vary from manufacturer to manufacturer during the war ie veg/chrome like it does today?
I have many Eastman jackets and want to stick with them for one last B3 , my other B3 is early nineties model 44 long with brass talon
and is great!!!!

Edward

Bartender
Gahhh..... I'm fighting the urge to look into another B3 for next Winter. I don't need one as I have a LW B3 and an ELC Irvin both in the wardrobe, but I have a real thing for the early-style 'redskin' B3s....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred