Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Differences between AN6552 and M422 G-1

Tito

A-List Customer
Hi guys, sorry for my ignorance but do not differentiate correctly an AN6552 from a M422 G-1 :eusa_doh:..... different fit, construction ...?
Cheers

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The M422A run of jackets started in the 1941 fiscal year and were replaced by the AN6552 in 1944. There is variation between M422A contracts, such a length of the windflap and length of the sleeves relative to the body. There were 8 AN6552 contracts, by Block, Bogen and Tenenbaum, American Sportswear, Willis and Geiger and Monarch and again slight differences between each. All this makes any generalised comparison difficult, but M422As had USN painted behind the collar in yellow, black or silver whilst on AN6552 jackets they only had US as they were issued to the USAAF and the navy. In essence M422A and AN6552 naval jackets are remarkably similar. I have owned examples of both types.

Tito

A-List Customer
The M422A run of jackets started in the 1941 fiscal year and were replaced by the AN6552 in 1944. There is variation between M422A contracts, such a length of the windflap and length of the sleeves relative to the body. There were 8 AN6552 contracts, by Block, Bogen and Tenenbaum, American Sportswear, Willis and Geiger and Monarch and again slight differences between each. All this makes any generalised comparison difficult, but M422As had USN painted behind the collar in yellow, black or silver whilst on AN6552 jackets they only had US as they were issued to the USAAF and the navy. In essence M422A and AN6552 naval jackets are remarkably similar. I have owned examples of both types.

Very good info Andrew, many thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass