Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese at Fashion Week Paris

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
Miss Dita Von Teese at Fashion Week in Paris. She was with the always over-cooked Posh ( I use to be a HUGE Victoria Beckham fan...). It's at ImNotObsessed ( check the link below)

dita-victoria-chanel5.jpg

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/dita-victoria-chanel5.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh, I adore Dita. She is so talented and seems like such a nice person, but of course I am just projecting since I have no real idea about who she is.

And I just love peeking on imnotobsessed.com once in a while, it's so embarassing, hehe!

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
Oh, I adore Dita. She is so talented and seems like such a nice person, but of course I am just projecting since I have no real idea about who she is.

And I just love peeking on imnotobsessed.com once in a while, it's so embarassing, hehe!

I know, guilty pleasure!

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i adore dita's fashion sense and style, i wish i could borrow some of her outfits ;)
oh well a girl can dream can't she ...

epr25

Practically Family
Since this involves Dita I thought this was the sopt for this. I think this is wonderful and would like to see as many people view the new campaign as possible. Please don't get me wrong I am not a carzy activist but the new ABC campaign is a very good thing. I was not aware of puppymills and breeding until a couple of years ago when I was looking for my second dog. Anyway for anyone who is interested if you look around you can watch her video and also the ABC video.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-dita-von-teese.asp

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
epr25 said:
Since this involves Dita I thought this was the sopt for this. I think this is wonderful and would like to see as many people view the new campaign as possible. Please don't get me wrong I am not a carzy activist but the new ABC campaign is a very good thing. I was not aware of puppymills and breeding until a couple of years ago when I was looking for my second dog. Anyway for anyone who is interested if you look around you can watch her video and also the ABC video.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-dita-von-teese.asp

There was a huge thread about this in the Observation Bar. Personally I find it pretty hypocritical that she did an ad for PETA while she owns and wears tons of furs.

epr25

Practically Family
Oh I didn't realize that. Sorry for the repeat. I don;t care so much about her. But the whole spay and neauture and not buying from pet stores message.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
There was a huge thread about this in the Observation Bar. Personally I find it pretty hypocritical that she did an ad for PETA while she owns and wears tons of furs.

Does she still wear furs after the ad she did?
What a nerve, that sort of attitude seems to me hypocritical indeed.
Why bother at all? [huh]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Does she still wear furs after the ad she did?
What a nerve, that sort of attitude seems to me hypocritical indeed.
Why bother at all? [huh]

Also, I'm kindof annoyed that PETA would choose someone who supports fur for ANY of their ads, even if it's a spay/neuter ad and not an anti-fur one!

MissHuff

A-List Customer
The way I understand it from my readings is that PETA is aware of her <3 for fur and are OK with her working for them on something that doesn't involve the fur situation. It's PETA's way of getting celebrity endorsement which is completely ridiculous. You can't pick and chose when you are supposedly so passionate about ALL issues concerning animals.

Dracca

One of the Regulars
MissHuff said:
The way I understand it from my readings is that PETA is aware of her <3 for fur and are OK with her working for them on something that doesn't involve the fur situation. It's PETA's way of getting celebrity endorsement which is completely ridiculous. You can't pick and chose when you are supposedly so passionate about ALL issues concerning animals.
To be honest tho...PETA is kind of flaky. This is one reason that I have never supported them and I do support a lot of similar organizations (ASPCA, HSUS, local humane society, etc.). The thing is, I always felt by some of there more extreme crap they pull they really make all of us (us = being vegetarians, animals lovers, etc. as I have been for all of my adult life) look like irrational, militant fools a lot of the time. I have no problem with Dita wearing fur. I am always gracious if someone gives me a present like new leather gloves, etc. and I have no issue at all with vintage furs, leather and such. I try not to buy it new if possible. But if the animal is gone 60 years ago, nothing I can do about it now and honestly at least it is being used still and not just trashed after a year or so which would be really sad. Likewise as I mentioned presents of new stuff, if that animal died for it, I will sure use it and not let it go to waste, even if I would have looked for an alternative if it had be me picking it out. I honestly don't care what anyone else does with their own life in that respect. I see it as a personal choice, like many other things that people choose to do or not do. If PETA wants her for the add and she is fine with doing it, more power to both of them, it's their decision. I may not be a PETA fan but I thought the ad was quite nice looking too as far as the photo itself...and I am glad people are working to get the spay and neuter message out, unless you are breeding them on purpose there really ARE too many born all the time without homes that get into bad situations. That's JMO on it all. But I really don't see what the big deal is all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24