Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Bump!

I'm climbing up the walls waiting for her beauty book to come out. The only information I can find has been out since last Christmas.

I've signed up to her publisher's RSS feed, but I'm getting nothing, and its past mid-2011! :(

Anyone else's paws ready to get this book?

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Funny, she insists she does her own hair & make-up yet we have interviews with people who do her hair & make-up and photos of her getting it done.

Actually, in the early days she did do it herself- she's pretty open and honest so she probably owns up to letting the proffesionals do it now- I would let them do it if i could.

Also waiting for the book!

TheRedSquare

New in Town
I'm climbing up the walls waiting for her beauty book to come out. Anyone else's paws ready to get this book?

Me! I have been looking forward to this for so long, and I am so dissapointed it's been pushed to 2012. I know great things take time, but I can't stand the anticipation anymore! She is without a doubt, one of the most beautiful women of our time.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I am looking forward to the beauty book. I saw her first book and loved the burlesque side but the fetish side put me off the book completely.

Edward

Bartender
The fetish side wasn't to my aesthetic tastes either. What puts me off her as a performer, though, is her use of complete nudity in her act. I much prefer tassles etc. In fact, some of the best burlesque performances I've ever seen involved the performer finishing as clothed as when they began.

thedanu

Familiar Face
The fetish side wasn't to my aesthetic tastes either. What puts me off her as a performer, though, is her use of complete nudity in her act. I much prefer tassles etc. In fact, some of the best burlesque performances I've ever seen involved the performer finishing as clothed as when they began.

I have to say that even though she's obviously gorgeous and her styling is flawless, I don't especially like her as a burlesque performer either. I'm more interested in performers that do a different kind of burlesque, more theatrical and with more ofa storyline behind it. The kind of performers that keep you staring at their face and expressions for the whole number, and almost only in the end you realize "oh, she's actually been taking her clothes off!"
If anybody's interesting in such kind of performers, I recommend you check videos of people such as:
Little Brooklyn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXa6QuwWOj8
Trixie Little and the Evil Hate Monkey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoId4PL_DxU
(sorry for the poor quality of the video, it's not always easy finding good quality ones of burlesque numbers)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

I haven't been to any burlesque shows but the complete nudity thing would put me straight off too - however I'd like to have a look at her beauty book as I like her over all style (particularly her porcelain skin).

Pretty novel take on burlesque to be completely dressed at the end of the show I must add!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Are you sure about that? I've only seen her twice but both times she wore pasties and a g-string.

Same here. She mentions in her book that she once lost a pastie, though, which most strippers have done. I don't blame her, if the show was using water.

Speaking of, that's what Dita is and all (or nearly all) burly-q greats of yesteryear were. That's how they got so popular :) The magic and fantasy elements were lost in time, but make no mistake, they were certainly strippers.

I can understand how many people would be put off by the fetish side of the book, as it's really for a hidden/niche group. I was too at first, but once I read through it, I found it quite fascinating. Having the interests that I do (one being celebrity death, which is widespread yet I can't admit it to my friends), I couldn't resist learning more!

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Having the interests that I do (one being celebrity death, which is widespread yet I can't admit it to my friends), I couldn't resist learning more!

Ha - me too! The day I found Findadeath I spent two days reading all the stories - I even ended up getting his DVD "Dearly Departed" - some fascinating stories in that one.....

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Ha - me too! The day I found Findadeath I spent two days reading all the stories - I even ended up getting his DVD "Dearly Departed" - some fascinating stories in that one.....

OT: Me too!! I'm waiting for the next one to come out. I've emailed him before, he's so funny. I'm glad to hear of another death hag lol

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Thanks for the link! I have to say that her appartment looks really stunning. But what I love even more is her car. She looks so tiny next to it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Prince once rented a home in Hollywood for $70k a month. He then preceded to purpleize the premises (inside and out) along with ordering extensive plumbing improvements in order to facilitate a full blown beauty salon. The owner was livid when he learned of the improvements but Prince calmed him by cutting a check for $1 million to put the place right after he left.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
^ Count me in as a third death hag! I love that site. I have a contribution on one of the death stories on his site, although I can't say which one... ;)

InStyle magazine had a nice article about Dita & her home early this year. Her house is stunning, but I find it so odd that it is a rental. The pictures are here:
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/2011/01/dita-von-teese.html

I knew there couldn't be only two death hags here!!!!!!! Very interesting about your contribution - I'm wracking my brains but there are way too many stories on there for me to even attempt to figure it out!:p

Thanks for the article - I had seen it in In Style a couple of months ago but nice to get the opportunity to drool over her gorgeous furnishings again (particularly that original dressing table *sigh*)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24