Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita von Teese

Rooster

Practically Family
Odly enough I've never heard of this Dita person. I guess that's what happens when you spend most of your days down the basement.[huh]

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I love that Vivienne Westwood wedding dress designed for Dita. I think it's one of the most beautiful dresses. She has great style and Marilyn Manson was totally cramping it. I'm glad she lost him!

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
I love the both of them, I have always loved Mr Mansons music and actually find him attractive in an odd way (yes I get teased for that one) and I adore Ditas sense of style and confidence. It was a shame that they split after a long time together but I agree if somethings not right its best to change it then to suffer in silence, heck thats what I'm doing myself ;)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
It was Penthouse. She did Playboy back in Dec 2002 (I believe). The Penthouse photos are old stock from when she posed for them earlier in her career (late 90's - early 00) You can tell because she looks a bit softer and thicker and because most people who knew of her before the last year have all seen these photos already. PH is just banking on her celebrity status now.

Dixon Cannon said:
Dita may soon be on the best un-dressed list somewhere; I see she is on the current cover of that magazine that isn't Playboy! :eek: Wow!.. what divorce does to a girl! Dita, Dita Dita!

Doubtless, none of those pictures will be posted here! Oh well!

-dixon cannon

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Amber DeCadence said:
I love the both of them, I have always loved Mr Mansons music and actually find him attractive in an odd way (yes I get teased for that one) and I adore Ditas sense of style and confidence.

I could always take or leave Dita. I get it, and at times I respect her "thing", but I always feel like there is something missing that I can't put my finger on. She seems like a smart woman and good for her forging a successful career out of a dying art.

I'm with you Amber re: Manson. Intelligence and individuality are supremely attractive to me and he is definitely that. Physically not entirely my ideal, but the calculation and refined vehemence make up for a lot. Also, one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

celtic

A-List Customer
i think she's quite attractive, but i prefer another of Manson's gals,
Rose Mcgowan.

lindylady

A-List Customer
It seems that Marilyn likes classically beautiful ladies. Both Dita and Rose have that porcelain complexion, gorgeous dark hair (even if dyed), and red lips.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Dita played a one-nighter in Miami Beach last night. I was tempted to attend until I found out that she probably wouldn't take the stage before 3am. :eusa_doh:

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
patrick1987 said:
What? Americans don't like sex? I don't care for Miss Teese, too fake. Too much makeup and hairdye and etc.
Sorry to tell you, but some countries believe Americans are actually quite sexually conservative, even though certain cultures think Americans are the opposite(to which these cultures I won't mention on this forum).
Anyway, I think she looks stylish, the makeup is part of her look, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so, she's obviously not for everyone.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Dita this Dita that :rolleyes: Didn't know who Dita was until I came to The Lounge [huh] ..... and more .... [huh] :p

(no wish to offend any fans tho :p )

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
In the mid '90s, Dita was well known in the Los Angeles vintage / Lindy scene. Not so much for her burlesque acts and photo shoots, but rather for her flawlessly '40s grooming and style. Dita would go to local Lindy Hop nightclubs and dances, dressed like a perfect lady ... and she'd dance with any average Joe who had the guts to ask her!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
In the mid '90s, Dita was well known in the Los Angeles vintage / Lindy scene. Not so much for her burlesque acts and photo shoots, but rather for her perfectly '40s grooming and style. Dita would go to local Lindy Hop nightclubs and dances, dressed like a perfect lady ... and she'd dance with any average Joe who had the guts to ask her!

i remember seeing her around and being in total awe of her (and her sister). i think she was my first exposure to perfect vintage perfection!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Dita's cool, a bit on the skinny side to me, but I applaud her for her style and taste.

Re: Manson's tastes - Rose McGowan, back then, was an extremely beautiful woman. The "Charmed" years have given her the usual Hollywood overdieted look, but she used to be quite the classic beauty (not in terms of clothing or anything, just in her looks).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats