Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holiday Jacket Gifts

SinSir

A-List Customer
I'm guessing there are several of us who purchased a jacket for ourselves or others this holiday season and even more probably have some on our wish lists crossing our fingers like a little kid after a red ryder!

I picked up a couple for my girlfriend. She listens to me about my hobbies and pretends to get into them as I show her this or that and drag her here or there. I'm extremely grateful for her and understand its more fun if she's involved too. A few weeks back I took her to look at some jackets and to my amazement she said well its no Vanson! Points for her! She's also brought up a few other names in conversation and rightfully so blames me.

Anyway, I have to share this one with you guys. Its one sweet jacket and Vanson really hit it out of the park! It's Z150 leather that measures 1.3+mm thick and weighs 6 lbs in a womans size small. I would seriously rock something similar in a mans all day. The two tone is done superb and the grain is going to age beautifully!

Enjoy!

Screenshot_20191218-170536_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170632_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170613_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170609_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170606_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170842_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170807_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170707_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-170557_Gallery.jpg

SinSir

A-List Customer
That looks great, love the double tone!

They really did the accent tones tasteful and thorough in all the right places. I think she's going to love it! They lined the inside of all the pockets red to match the liner too, hand warmers, chest, left sleeve, and inside pocket. Really nice attention to detail and follow through with the concept on the entire jacket.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful, tasteful two-tone. The red accent reminds me of Leboutin shoes with their red sole, which I consider a great and innovative design feature. Kudos to your GF if she is going to rock a 6-lb jacket. No better proof that she loves you needed!

SinSir

A-List Customer
The jacket looks very cool especially I like the pocket on the chest. Your girlfriend will not mind if we see how this jacket suits her ;)

Here you go! It's a great fit! It's going to take some serious break in time. A first for her. She now understands the things we do to break in a jacket with hide like this and surprisingly is looking forward to it with some fun ideas!

Important thing is she loves it! We went for a ride tonight and she was talking about how it makes her want her own bike even more now!

Screenshot_20191220-223212_Gallery.jpg

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Sir, the next thing you might think of is a good motorbike for your girl!)

If my girlfriend didn't hate absolutely every women's leather jacket I showed her, dealing with holiday presents would be a lot simpler. Though also a lot pricier so it's not all bad. Which reminds me I gotta run to the store and pick up a nice box of chocolate. Hoping they're still having a discount.
...I know for a fact though she'd happily wear any jacket Alexander Skarsgård bought her.

It is a beautiful jacket in any case! Very tasteful, with the red parts and most importantly, fits her great. Good thinking on Vanson's behalf for making the belt removable. Really stands out in the sea of Zara "biker" jackets. But yeah, 6 lbs is very heavy!

Dude that is awesome!! Great design! The red diamond stitch at the shoulder gussets is incredible. Really shows what Vanson is capable of. They should ditch the new comp weight and make the z150 their flagship leather. It’s stunning.

roadking04

Practically Family
They should ditch the new comp weight and make the z150 their flagship leather. It’s stunning.

Awesome jacket Sinsir. I love the looks of the z150. Looks WAY better than the heavily corrected comp. weight they are using now. And 6lbs for a women's jacket is no joke. Hopefully we can see more of this jacket as it breaks in.

SinSir

A-List Customer
congrats !!, the back panel is so cool

I wish Vanson did more back panels like this for sure! Everything about it just screams cool!

If my girlfriend didn't hate absolutely every women's leather jacket I showed her, dealing with holiday presents would be a lot simpler. Though also a lot pricier so it's not all bad. Which reminds me I gotta run to the store and pick up a nice box of chocolate. Hoping they're still having a discount.
...I know for a fact though she'd happily wear any jacket Alexander Skarsgård bought her.

It is a beautiful jacket in any case! Very tasteful, with the red parts and most importantly, fits her great. Good thinking on Vanson's behalf for making the belt removable. Really stands out in the sea of Zara "biker" jackets. But yeah, 6 lbs is very heavy!
Before me she didn't care about leather jackets at all. Fashion was good for her. The first time she went to get on my bike with some pleather vegan wanna be jacket, I shook my head, took the measurements of her favorite jacket that night, and we started looking for something better stat.

Dude that is awesome!! Great design! The red diamond stitch at the shoulder gussets is incredible. Really shows what Vanson is capable of. They should ditch the new comp weight and make the z150 their flagship leather. It’s stunning.

This jacket absolutely shows off what Vanson can do! It is hands down the best I've ever seen of theirs out of 100s through and through, highly impressed with the attention to detail. I'm sold on the X/Z150 leather moving forward. The hide on this Z is loaded with character.

Awesome jacket Sinsir. I love the looks of the z150. Looks WAY better than the heavily corrected comp. weight they are using now. And 6lbs for a women's jacket is no joke. Hopefully we can see more of this jacket as it breaks in.

I will be sure to update everyone as it breaks in. She's looking forward to the process too! Good thing because you're right this jacket ain't no joke!

Last edited:

SinSir

A-List Customer
I posted these in another thread but thought it would be nice to have the progression all in one place.

The Vanson Z150 as of today with some break in dedication. I think it looks and feels amazing! It still has a ways to go but what a start!

Screenshot_20200106-211912_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200106-211849_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200106-211837_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200106-211832_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200106-211828_Gallery.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner