Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Women like "kissable lips" on their fellas?

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
I'd say pretty important. Chapped lips would not be good to kiss and if they are particularly bad might affect the appearence of the gentleman in question.

Important when single, but not so once married or seeing a sweetheart. My ex-boyfriend almost always had chapped lips but it only made me sad because he wouldn't let me kiss him as often as it hurt him :(

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Well, not-messed-up-looking is good. Not so sensitive that you can't, as Emma said, kiss them. Beyond that... I don't think John Wayne worried if his lips were kissable.

I kinda prefer men who err on the side of low maintanence, as long as they smell good. Can I get an Amen from the ladies?

-Viola

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ladies,

What about thin lips versus big pillowy numbers, that sort of thing? What men (feel free to use celebs) have the lips you long to kiss?

(see LC, this gives them the chance to post pictures of movie stars. That makes them think about movie stars and puts them "in the mood". Once they're "in the mood", they can be easily tricked into taking "Mr. Right Now" because "Mr. Right" is unavailable. Mwa-ha, mwa-ha-ha-ha)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
carebear said:
ladies,

What about thin lips versus big pillowy numbers, that sort of thing? What men (feel free to use celebs) have the lips you long to kiss?

My boyfriend has really pretty, feminine lips, (he has his mother's mouth), and I love kissing him because of it. His lips aren't that big, but they have a very nice shape to them. Compared to my previous boyfriend, who had very thin, chapped lips, I'm very happy with my current man's lips!

Of course, it all depends on the individual. I'm not nearly as picky about lips as I am about teeth, or hair, or pretty much anything else!

flat-top

I was made fun of in school for my lips. They were, I guess feminine looking to
the other kids. As I got older, women told me that my lips were my best quality.
Who's laughing now?? :D

carebear

flat-top said:
I was made fun of in school for my lips. They were, I guess feminine looking to
the other kids. As I got older, women told me that my lips were my best quality.
Who's laughing now?? :D

I am, Mr. Girly Lips. lol

Daisy Buchanan

Hmmm, dry cracked scaly lips......NO! Who would I??? Would you kiss a girl with lips like this?
It's actually a natural response for both males and females to lick their own lips; although most are unaware of this response; before going in for a smooch, because kissing is much more enjoyable with wet lips. It's actually kind of hard to accomplish an enjoyable kiss with a dry mouth, don't you think?
I know that some people are attracted to others with full, soft lips, like Angelina Jolie or Jessica Rabbit. Darwin actually writes about this in some of his works, has to do with an attraction to exaggerated features. A man's or woman's lips will actually become more plump just before a kiss, for blood rushes to them in excitement. It's a part of the "attraction ritual". As you well know this happens to different parts of the body. As Darwin writes about, there are many different uncontrollable means of seduction, means of attraction, who's end result is procreation. Big full lips are just the beginning:D
So, for me, kissable lips should be soft and free of chafing! They don't have to be full or plump, I was engaged to a very handsome thin lipped man. But I'd prefer if they didn't look as though the man they belonged to had leprosy of the mouth!:eek:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:
versus big pillowy numbers

All I could think of with this was Strangers with Candy in which Mr. Jellineck (Paul Dinello) is said to have "Those lips! Those pillowy lips!"--first time I ever heard that term.

henrygarfunkel03.jpg

My heart belongs to Stephen, he does have nice lips though, doesn't he?

Ahem! This question made me realize I don't really notice men's lips much, I'll be interested in hearing what other folks say. I think kissing techinque counts for more than the lips themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic