Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you believe in little green men?

Do you believe in aliens? (Or whatever you might call them.)

• Yes. Definitely something out there.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Complete Hogwash!

• Undecided. The jury is still out.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

plain old dave

A-List Customer
I think a bit of clarification might be in order. There might well be human beings on other planets, but they would be perfectly indistinguishable from someone on this planet. As Mankind is the highest form of creation in the universe, the thunderous LACK of response to SETI is more evidence of my statement. If we can't talk to them, they certainly wouldn't be able to figure out how to talk to us.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
He believed in Little grey men - he met them

I wrote previously why I wouldn't like to meet aliens from the scientific point of view. Here follows the other side -I can't call it Divinity- more elaborated.

Just search for this on the web, put this in the Google.

Aleister Crowley's Lam & the Little Grey Men: A Striking Resemblance by Daniel V. Boudillion

Remember this: Crowley an Occultist, did draw this in 1918, waay before Foo Fighters and before Roswell.

Crowley chased also Enochian Angels, he went to the Algerian deserts to conjure demons (Remember Asasel was the demon of the desert-the scapegoat was sacrificed to Asasel. Bulgakov's Master and Margarita ends also with the ugly Azazello turning into the real beautiful desert demon Asasel flying in the night. And Bulgakov lived pretty much in hell amidst the Stalinist Moscow: since almost every inhabitants of the house this writer lived in, were deported at night and never returned. That genial Russian had fist hand experience to learn those forces by their 'fruits'). And yes, Crowley also wanted to get a post at the Bolsheviki to destroy religion, he was turned down.
Crowley the well-to-do Victorian dandy, who inherited a fortune and lived in welfare, had the best British education, he lived in a constitutional monarchy, the motherland of parliamentary democracy. The man was gifted: smart - very good chessplayer, athletic: he participated and survived the K2 expedition and had an unquestionable charm for women. All that could not satisfy him, all that was not enough, he went to chase his demons by his free will, met them and lost his soul, sanity, state, everything.

Yes I wrote in the Some one at Bailey is a Dracula fan thread about Enochian angels too. Their mating with flesh and blood women and the resulting bastards with supernatural powers and knowledge and the fact that they killed every creature -man, animals everything- since they were so much more powerful than everything else on Earth were so unholy that the Earth had to be cleaned: the Great flood. That before-the-flood story which has only a few contemporaries -Vedic literature and the Ji Quing, maybe the Egyptian book of the Dead- guarded this most powerful shocking and terrific event has been kept for milleniums. It is not even a Semitic story, since Sem's descendance -Semites- were born after the flood, but it was precious enough to be noted down a few centuries B.C. by the Hebrew. It was translated by Christians, in Greek, Coptic, Slavic languages) - it had 3 versions the most complete version was kept in Etiopia. So you can say even the story of the manuscript is like a thriller. It is clear why this script will NEVER be canonized: the Harry Potter fiction book series which was DEVOURED by the people with that little and diluted magic is really nothing against that other magic. What would that have caused if that story was also available since centuries?

You see that the book of Enoch is still fascinating and more actual then ever. We are fascinated by the perspective to learn so much more from higher knowledged outsiders... Dr. Faust wanted to do the same. The disciplines (in modern form: making of weapons, beauty, meteorology, astrology, astronomy, etc.) the angels thaught their wifes are more sought after then ever:

And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms
and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they
became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed
all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against
them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and
fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones. 8
And Azâzêl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all
colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they
were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjâzâ taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armârôs the resolving of enchantments, Barâqîjâl (taught) astrology, Kôkabêl the constellations, Êzêqêêl the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiêl the signs of the earth, Shamsiêl the signs of the sun, and Sariêl the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven...

..The character of those beings 'beutiful, powerful and without regret' is also.

Crowley had 5 children and different marriages with beautiful and gifted women: how many children survived? How did his women end? How did Crowley end?

I just posted this since on FL the lounger population seems mature enough not to try everything out at home. Since my sources must be also revealed: the Essay about book of Henoch was written by a Hungarian Genius: Hamvas Béla, in the 1940's the 'Golden Era'. But the relevance of his thoughts has not changed ever since: I think it has increased.

As a Christian I am asking you all: Do you still want this? Is this really what you are looking for?

God gave free will and the choice not only to mankind. Also to his angels. His most beautiful and powerful one was free to rebel against him and one third of the heavens were free to follow him. Other watchers were also free to make their oath to breach what was commanded to them -to watch on their posts- and they were free to mingle with their protegées instead of guarding them. The first human couple was also free to decide to taste wisdom. Pandora was also free not to open her box. Really ANYTHING is possible. To believe in whatever you want to do whatever you want. But each deed has consequences.

Just wanted to tell once more in what Crowley believed - the little green/grey men (or whatever you call them).

I have really nothing more to say on this topic.

Flora

Familiar Face
Yes I do believe in such a thing but not like the way that they are presented in movies. No flying saucers or those things from Mars Attack. :D

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Can't believe I am just discovering this thread. Good old agnostic that I am, I had to vote with the "don't know" crowd.

I do believe that, in this vast universe, there are other life forms out there. I am not convinced, however, that UFO's are visitors from other parts of that universe. Or angels. (I have a book on angelogy that equates UFO's with angels, and that people want to believe in them for the same reasons: a higher, protective, benevolent being watching over us).

I think that 99% of the UFO sightings are probably either our mistaking something else, i.e. satellites, weather balloons, military aircraft testing, etc., for UFO's, or are hoaxes.

The others? They could be some unexplained phenomenon or life form we do not yet understand, they could be some sort of cosmic debris. Or...?

I have friends and relatives who have professed to see UFOs and also angels. I once thought I saw a UFO hovering in the Iowa skies, was in my car so pursued it to see what it was I was looking at -- turned out to be a large satellite dish that, because of the time of day and sunlight, looked like a big silver-white hovering "saucer."

I have to concede, I was somewhat disappointed.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael