Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

Hondo

One Too Many
You guys are funny, heres one, without embarrassment I have it in for Martha Stewart, but then I also have a crush for Jennifer Aniston, maybe its a mother & daughter thing, Happy Halloween! lol

P.S. Throw in Scarlett Johansson for for good measure :D

nyx

One of the Regulars
Starius said:
Logical searching, my dear nyx, logical searching! Where might a Edward post pics of himself? Why, the Men of the Lounge thread of course!

Why don't you take a gander here and here for your Edward viewing needs!

Ah ha! THANK YOU! I checked out his posts, but it only goes back through the last 500, and this was obviously earlier on. Edit: Actually the first pic was later. Ok, I guess I didn't think it through well when I started looking. :)

However, it may gratify Edward to know that my crush has not diminished in the least based upon seeing him sans makeup. Although it was kind of a let down, because based on his humble response, I assumed he'd look like Quasimodo. I thought for sure there would at least be some oozing sores or slack jawed drooling. :p But go figure, he's devilishly handsome in his tails! [huh] Of course, I must confess that I've always had a thing for Tim Curry, and he does rather look like him, so that may explain it. :D

Sincere Gratitude

Fletch said:
Eeesh. I feel for you, Rondo.
I forgot to be grateful that I did have a nice walk on a temperate evening with pleasant company, a nice meal, and the kind of corny music we seem to enjoy. So what if I am not her cup of tea? I had her laughing several times during the evening, always a good thing to hear.

Edward

Bartender
nyx said:
Ah ha! THANK YOU! I checked out his posts, but it only goes back through the last 500, and this was obviously earlier on. Edit: Actually the first pic was later. Ok, I guess I didn't think it through well when I started looking. :)

It's true, I have no life whatever, and that's how I have a huge post count for only being here ten minutes. :eek:

However, it may gratify Edward to know that my crush has not diminished in the least based upon seeing him sans makeup. Although it was kind of a let down, because based on his humble response, I assumed he'd look like Quasimodo. I thought for sure there would at least be some oozing sores or slack jawed drooling. :pBut go figure, he's devilishly handsome in his tails! [huh]

Well, now, the morning after that tails shot was taken..... ;) But then I had been verr verrr dhrunkk. :p

Of course, I must confess that I've always had a thing for Tim Curry, and he does rather look like him, so that may explain it. :D

Alas, the waistline is starting to resemble the Blessed Tim as he now is.... eep! :eek:

nyx

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
It's true, I have no life whatever, and that's how I have a huge post count for only being here ten minutes. :eek:

But it's all well-thought out and infinitely informative--a shining example in the genre of forum posting. (Am I laying it on a little too thick here? Stop me if I am :p )

Edward said:
Well, now, the morning after that tails shot was taken..... ;) But then I had been verr verrr dhrunkk. :p

Alas, the waistline is starting to resemble the Blessed Tim as he now is.... eep! :eek:

No matter! That's what corsets are for, don cher know? I saw the new Rocky in NYC years back (and don't get me started on Daphne Rubin-Vega :mad: ), but although the new Frank was funny, he just wasn't Frank to me. I'd take pleasantly plump Tim Curry over a hard-bodied platinum blond anyday.

Fletch said:
I think Hadley has a great public amongst fellas here on the FL, due to her photogenic avatars and the aura of mystery surrounding her.
Probably--that smile should be framed as art and in the Louvre, or MoMA or the Guggenheim.

I have a few other board crushes, one of whom knows her status. I'll just say she is a New England brunette and leave it at that.
If it's the one I think you mean, is there any guy here who doesn't?

Hondo

One Too Many
HEY!!! after a few drinks everything begins to look better and better lol
Its funny really I admire a woman of many talents, I know it annoys some with her "perfection" and all but, get her to lose a little weight, have a few drinks with her and let the funny begin lol Then again Jennifer Aniston could make me forget her in a minute ;)

HadleyH said:
Martha Stewart???????????????????????? :eek: OMG! lol

(I love this thread :D )

Edward

Bartender
nyx said:
But it's all well-thought out and infinitely informative--a shining example in the genre of forum posting. (Am I laying it on a little too thick here? Stop me if I am :p )

Oh, stop, you're embarassing me now. I like it really, though.:p

No matter! That's what corsets are for, don cher know? I saw the new Rocky in NYC years back (and don't get me started on Daphne Rubin-Vega :mad: ), but although the new Frank was funny, he just wasn't Frank to me. I'd take pleasantly plump Tim Curry over a hard-bodied platinum blond anyday.

I'd love to have seen that production - I don't know that I'd have cared for a lot of the things they did, but it was nice that they were prepared to take a risk and break away from the film .... I adore the film, but it always seemed to me that whatever the show, why try and copy someone else rather than do your own thing.... not many will ever come close to Curry, mind (though Tony Head and David Bedella in doing their own thing with it were also amazing). I saw Curry perform in Spamalot in 05 in the west End - and finally got his autograph in person. Wish I'd been able to see him in Rocky, though... sigh. :)

deelovely said:
Mr. Edward.... I must say that I agree with nyx... you are quite handsome sans makeup!!;) :)

:eek: Thank-you... though the lighting in that kitchen was rather flattering, I think.... or maybe I should just wear tails more often! :D

nyx

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
I'd love to have seen that production - I don't know that I'd have cared for a lot of the things they did, but it was nice that they were prepared to take a risk and break away from the film .... I adore the film, but it always seemed to me that whatever the show, why try and copy someone else rather than do your own thing.... not many will ever come close to Curry, mind (though Tony Head and David Bedella in doing their own thing with it were also amazing). I saw Curry perform in Spamalot in 05 in the west End - and finally got his autograph in person. Wish I'd been able to see him in Rocky, though... sigh. :)

:eek:fftopic: It was fun to see live. Pros included:
1. the new Frank actually getting the jump on someone who was doing callbacks and annoying everyone. Frank beat him to the callback and that effectively shut up the attention hog.
2. seeing Diane Lane in the audience, who is really lovely--it's not just movie makeup that makes her look beautiful.
3. watching Dick Cavett improv and do the Time Warp. He did a great bit where he answered questions that people left on his chair during the intermission.
4. high energy fun and a theatre in the round, so everyone got a good view. Plus Dick was at a desk right up in the middle of everyone in the audience.

Cons:
1. Daphne Rubin-Vega. Can't sing, can't act. Loathe her. Fortunately Magenta doesn't have many singing parts.
2. Joan Jett called in sick the night we saw it. I was DEVASTATED.
3. The Janet had on a terrible wig with latex that didn't quite blend into her forehead. And she yanked off her bra at the end of Toucha-Toucha-Toucha-Touch Me, right before the lights go out, and it was not a flattering move on her part-plus it added absolutely nothing to the show except gratuitous nudity.
4. Frank wasn't Tim Curry.

I had no idea that Giles ever played Frank (sorry, Anthony Head will always be Giles on Buffy, no matter what else he's in). I would have liked to have seen that.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Edward said:
I saw Curry perform in Spamalot in 05 in the west End - and finally got his autograph in person. Wish I'd been able to see him in Rocky, though... sigh. :)

A friend of mine went to see Curry perform and took a copy of Paradise Garage for Tim to sign. He just about fell over when he saw the record and wanted to know where my friend found it. lol

Oh and besides Steve Buscemi, Anthony Head is another one of my big crushes.

Edward

Bartender
Curry is wonderful live. He may be twice the man he once was (aren't we all, dear) lol, but that voice has only improved with time.

nyx... love to discuss the show, I'll drop you a PM as we're OT now. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy