Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think there have been objections from some members in the past about getting SPECIFIC about who we have a particular crush on. Something about odious comparisons, and like, "What am I, chopped liver", and so forth. Kind of understandable. So I won't get specific.
Altho certain bespectacled curmudgeonesses from the far corners of the Atlantic seaboard do hold a certain fascination, and opera lovers are always held highly in my estimation. And there is an antipodian that I love madly. But there are SOOOO many many others!
Speaking of operaphiles, Zaika, those lyrics immediately reminded me of the great orchestral version of that song from the sound track of Woody Allen's "Manhattan". One of the great movie sound tracks ever.

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
zaika said:
1445126341_2422812296.jpg

Hey darlin'. It might interest you to know that Gene and my uncle used to hang together in High School. My mom was always "ga-ga" when he'd come over.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I totally agree with Dhermann1, regarding telling names.
It's just sometimes it can't be helped:eek::eek: :eek:
But in a huge society like the Lounge, there are some people - women and men - that one hooks up with immediately, and others - who are just as great personalities - you don't. It can be on interests, humor, lifestyle, clothing...and yes: looks. Or even the way some people expresses a crush on you.
It all ads up. And it's all very natural.
Because you like some people (in cyberspace!!! :D ) is not the same as disliking all the others.
And if you feel like that anyway - disliked and nobody in the lounge are having a crush on you - get out in the real world. This is just cyberspace. It's NOT real.

Warden

One Too Many
Adele Nozedar from the indie band 'Indians in Moscow' was my crush. I interviewed her once when I worked in radio.

It is hard to work / remain cool when you meet your teenage crush, If I remenber correctly I just dribbled and lost the power to speak, so I never did ask her out for a date, which was my secret plan.

galla07.jpg

Mind you when I saw her she looked like this, I guess people don't dress up for radio interviews?

london-06.jpg

Ho well, what could of been.

Harry

zaika

One Too Many
Ecuador Jim said:
Hey darlin'. It might interest you to know that Gene and my uncle used to hang together in High School. My mom was always "ga-ga" when he'd come over.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
don't tell me that!! i will come stalk you and make you tell me more. lol

tell me more??? *sigh*

Jovan

Suspended
Diamondback said:
Try "absence of a ready-made large-scale incendiary nearby" for a starter, Dan.lol :D
Hey, at least there aren't bright orange flammable barrels everywhere, ready to be shot by a certain USP-toting scientist.

Okay, that was a really nerdy joke and just the reason why no one has a crush on me. -_-

zaika

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
I'm sure you're not. But maybe I'm that bad of a reader. Why don't you set up an audio clip of the tune and belt it out for us?

Richard

you can do that here? hmm...if i wasn't so sick...

Diamondback said:
Try "absence of a ready-made large-scale incendiary nearby" for a starter, Dan.lol :D

what did you just call me?? :p

dhermann1 said:
Zaika, What's he got that I haven't got???

gene's got nuthin' on ya, from what i can see. ;)

zaika

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
You? I didn't call you anything--I was referring to those big white tanks behind DHermann in his photo... Ever seen one of those tank-farms go up? Singed eyebrows for miles around... we just had one kB! around the South Sound (Tacoma, specifically) recently...:eek:

i know. i was just joking. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21