Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Everyone has something to offer another.

Everyone. Without fail.

Some people are far too snobbish to notice; I don't think any of those people are at the Lounge, however. :eusa_clap

(Gah... why was I gone for like 5 months? I've missed this place!)

MissS

A-List Customer
Diamondback said:
Oh, BTW, MissS, overdue thanks for the appreciated vote of confidence. Not many can see virtues past it when they see the combination of "short, undermuscled and not-quite-sane" at first glance... and while I may question the justification of it, the thought is appreciated.

I surround myself with no-quite-sane people as it makes me look a little more normal! And whilst I can't necessarily ascertain the shortness of your stature from your aviator, I say poohy to it and keep coming with the witty repartee!

Good points, both of you. MissS, the av is heavily chopped, however, I think there are full-height photos over in "Men of the Lounge"--and if I haven't already, I do have one I could add... ah, there we go. Check "Men of the Lounge"... and do bear in mind, I am known to exploit every camera- and posture-trick in the book except only elevator-shoes.:D lol

Besides, being sawed-off lets me have fun riffing on the "Napoleon-complex" theme, or as I prefer, striving for "mini-MacArthur".lol Not to mention the whole fact that sanity and "normalcy" are both very much overrated, let me tell you... my psych profs loved bringing me in as a guest-lecturer for one--few better ways to discuss a given condition than to let the student personally see it in action under controlled conditions, right? Not to mention how boring the world would be...lol (For the record, a lot of the short-stuff is intended to be tongue-in-cheek, poking a little fun at myself.)

MissS

A-List Customer
See? This is why we love ya! I too like the 'chop off your own leg before someone else does it for you' method, though I like to balance it out with a good does of loud, verbose self appreciation. lol

And the stature? Well I would lend you my 6 inch heels, but I'm a little attached to them myself.

MissS said:
And the stature? Well I would lend you my 6 inch heels, but I'm a little attached to them myself.
lol That would be a little less than "Caesar*-esque", though, don't you think? ;) And since I style myself as "The New MacArthur, aka 'Caesar Americanus II'**"... Besides which, being "diminutive" emphasizes a weird quirk I have--when hacked off, I actually gain about two inches of measurable height and the appearance of a bit more mass to go with it, which is an unmistakable "you blew it" if someone knows what to watch for. Also, who needs "stature" if you have "presence"? (Would you believe that back in my college days, the "command element" of the Horsemen was also the shortest member?)

*As in, American Caesar, Mac's all-but-official postmortem nickname
**Yes, I've actually had people on a WWII-miniatures board I moderate start PM's to me with "Hail, Caesar!"lol

But now we're way :eek:fftopic:

Julius, yes; Octavian, yes; but if we consider Mac the last of the line--his mind is creepily similar to Julius's, almost like it was a direct recycle of his mental architecture--the final answer would be a resounding "no"--seriously, if you look at Mac's cap closely the gold braid is an embroidered version of Caesar's laurels.

Hmmm, how to segue back onto topic? :eusa_doh:

Crush, no--more like simple "efficiency": what worked before can work again, so it's easier to study those of similar personality who came before me and learn from their mistakes, rather than repeat them myself.

Kinda like how a manufacturer might build a prototype of something, then refine the design and build a more advanced one, then ultimately refine it into a "production model"...

CharlesB

Suspended
Diamondback said:
Crush, no--more like simple "efficiency": what worked before can work again, so it's easier to study those of similar personality who came before me and learn from their mistakes, rather than repeat them myself.

Kinda like how a manufacturer might build a prototype of something, then refine the design and build a more advanced one, then ultimately refine it into a "production model"...
I used to have one those! Her name was Kristi.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Well, I did have a crush but it got crushed. She said no.

And another female I was interested in just got a boyfriend.

No crush for me. [huh]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
That is a crime against humanity! :eek:

And it happens all too often. The two above and finding out she has a heretofore unmentioned boyfriend. Too many of these is my reason for trying to avoid having a crush. Try! They're nearly impossible to avoid.

Lee

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
And it happens all too often. The two above and finding out she has a heretofore unmentioned boyfriend. Too many of these is my reason for trying to avoid having a crush. Try! They're nearly impossible to avoid.

Lee

Indeed, all too often. Third time for me. :eek:

Aw well, wasn't meant to be and other fish in the sea. :)

freebird

Practically Family
As much as I hate to admit it,and most usually I deny it even to myself.I've had a few crushes. So far none have worked out. The last one I had, we wound up dating, not seriously. When we stopped dating, she was married within 4 months. That was the last time I took anyone out, that was about 18 years ago. I guess it's just easier to tell myself that I didn't care anyway. [huh]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany