Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a man room/study

Stetsonian

New in Town
I know, I know.

HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey Pablo,

I'm assuming you mean the Stratocaster. Naw, it's a metallic/grey/silver Japanese model from the eighties. A period, however, when many agree these were superior to the domestics. Nothing of great value but it plays well and is probably worth more than the $75 I paid for it - flight case included! :D

Now, dish with the "explanation"...

G

HarpPlayerGene, I think what Pablo may have been referring to is what looks like a model of a Porsche Spyder 550 to the right of your desk. The answer or explanation for all you non James Dean fans would be in this question, "What did JD name his 'little' Spyder?"

btw-"Love is a battlefield"

Jay

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
GWD said:
Not exactly Golden Era, but I think I did a pretty good job.

web.jpg

Gary,

You did a VERY good job. I knew I liked you for more than just your pretty hats. ;)

Let's see.......guitar player, gun safe, persimmon woods in a guitar wall hanger, elephants, and.......the obligatory H-D insignia. (I ride a Road King myself).

No one else has asked, but what the heck is that white thing hanging from the red hook in the ceiling? Thought it might be an LCD projector, but I don't think so. Oh......looks like it has rotors......a remote-controlled model helio-copter perhaps???

So.......which one of you manly men are allowed to smoke cigars in your man-cave? Personally, I own the house and my fiance-soon-to-be-wife will be allowed 1 room in which to stash her sewing stuff and personal effects. And I'll retain dominion over the rest of the house. And as far as my cigars are concerned......I'll smoke 'em any-durn-where I want to !!!!

Here's a photo of my man-cave:
<P>
<P>
<P>

hatdoc1.jpg

lol lol lol lol

Ok Alan, you can't shut down the thread yet. There's a Panama Bob Cuenca Diamante in the photo. That should be worth a few more posts, eh?????
<P>

:D

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Stetsonian said:
HarpPlayerGene, I think what Pablo may have been referring to is what looks like a model of a Porsche Spyder 550 to the right of your desk. The answer or explanation for all you non James Dean fans would be in this question, "What did JD name his 'little' Spyder?"

btw-"Love is a battlefield"

Jay

Jay, you are spot on, as you of course already knew. It is a Porsche 550, the same model as the "Lil' ba***rd" that killed James Dean (and, apparently, a few others).
OT. Sorry.

Bertie Wooster

New in Town
Kishtu has started referring to the back bedroom / study as "my" room. It has a ton of books, my model making stuff and models to build in it. I might post a picture up if I can get it presentable enough.

I still don't feel as though it is "my" room, but then I am the only one who uses it and also Kishtu's sewing stuff takes over the living room!

Edward

Bartender
indycop said:
Sounds like a Bladerunner description!

If I can keep it that stylish, I'll be very happy! ;)

HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey Pablo,

I'm assuming you mean the Stratocaster. Naw, it's a metallic/grey/silver Japanese model from the eighties. A period, however, when many agree these were superior to the domestics. Nothing of great value but it plays well and is probably worth more than the $75 I paid for it - flight case included! :D

You definitely got a deal there. Those 80s MIJ Fenders sell for in and around GBP300 / USD600 over here now.

Here's an on-topic question linking this thread and the hats forum.... do you guys store (or display) your hats in your man-room? I've been considering hanging mine out on the wall to avoid moth damage, but was wondering about dust and direct sunlight issues....

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
the museum

OK, so perhaps not as classy and or mature as some of the others in this thread, but alas, my wifey has granted me my very own "man room". Its a converted garage. With lots of wood and rock already in place, it just felt right from day one. So, I just started putting little onesie twosie items in there, and IMO it is starting to look good. Here's some snaps of the room and the little tidbits in there. They kids call it "Dads museum. Somehow the old look feel and smell keeps them the heck out of it, Amen...
Tell me what you think:
imgp2016.jpg

imgp2017.jpg

imgp2019.jpg

imgp2021.jpg

imgp2022.jpg

imgp2023.jpg

imgp2024.jpg

imgp2025.jpg

imgp2027.jpg

Sorry about all the pics, just kinda jazzed up about it! Tell me what you think.

GWD

One Too Many
HatDoc said:
Gary,

You did a VERY good job. I knew I liked you for more than just your pretty hats. ;)

Let's see.......guitar player, gun safe, persimmon woods in a guitar wall hanger, elephants, and.......the obligatory H-D insignia. (I ride a Road King myself).

No one else has asked, but what the heck is that white thing hanging from the red hook in the ceiling? Thought it might be an LCD projector, but I don't think so. Oh......looks like it has rotors......a remote-controlled model helio-copter perhaps???

Good eye HatDoc, yes it's a RC Helicopter, that I built and have about 2 hours of flight time on it. I had a "hard landing" which cost me a few hundered dollars in repairs so there it hangs. I'm too afraid to fly it anymore I should sell it and buy more hats! lol

I used to ride a Road King Classic but I sold it after we had our second daughter, I posted a picture of in in the Motorcycle Thread. The HD sign is hand painted my yours truly.

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Nice man room, love the vintage stuff......

kowalskt63 said:
OK, so perhaps not as classy and or mature as some of the others in this thread, but alas, my wifey has granted me my very own "man room". Its a converted garage. With lots of wood and rock already in place, it just felt right from day one. So, I just started putting little onesie twosie items in there, and IMO it is starting to look good. Here's some snaps of the room and the little tidbits in there. They kids call it "Dads museum. Somehow the old look feel and smell keeps them the heck out of it, Amen...
Tell me what you think:
imgp2016.jpg

imgp2017.jpg

imgp2019.jpg

imgp2021.jpg

imgp2022.jpg

imgp2023.jpg

imgp2024.jpg

imgp2025.jpg

imgp2027.jpg

Sorry about all the pics, just kinda jazzed up about it! Tell me what you think.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Mike K. said:
Just out of curiosity, how did this thread end up on the Hats forum instead of The Display Case?

Theres hats in a few pictures, and the lucky ones with a man room like rubbing it in the faces of us with just a man corner:rage:

portolan

A-List Customer
Cuenca Diamante?

I really like the hat on the gentleman sitting on the deck with the cigar? I believe it is referred to as a Panama Bob Cuenca Diamante. I looked on Bob's site, but did not see such a hat. Is this an older style, not made any longer? I love the brim on it....is there a name for that particular style? I think I want one! I can't private message the poster because I don't have enough posts yet....almost....not quite!

Thanks for any guidance....or advice on the this hat.

Stan

A-List Customer
We each have two

Hi,

My wife and I each have two such rooms.

Both of mine are garages. The 28x20 one attached to the house holds my electronics shop: Racks full of ham radio gear and enough test equipment to qualify as an R&D lab. ;)

The other is a real working garage, as opposed to a place to park cars, at 26x28. It houses my machine shop along the walls, with a service bay in the center. I also have an attached 'shed roof' on the far side which is where I restore antique farm equipment.

My wife has the upstairs of the working garage for her arts and crafts room. She also has a 16x20 woodworking shop. I don't do too much with wood, preferring to work metal. She loves working with wood, though, so why not? Besides, one cannot have woodworking and metalworking machines in the same place - the dust from the wood gets into all the metal machines due to the fact that they're soaking in oil all the time! :p

We're going to convert the 3rd bedroom in the house into a combination library and photo studio over the winter - a shared room as it were. That's a project for her woodworking shop - building the custom shelving. I already have the closet converted into a digital photographic 'lightroom', and the lights and backdrops are on portable stands until they get built into the book shelves. ;)

So, why no photos of all this (or my hats) you ask?? It's not the taking of the photos, nor the processing of them. It's the lack of bandwidth to upload hi-res shots to the web. The best I get from the rural phone line is 45kbps - on a good day, which is when the ground is saturated with water. There's no other option out here, but I might eventually break down and rig up a satellite system this winter.....

I even read these forums with the pix shut off unless I click on one, since it'd be forever downloading if I didn't.....

Oh, and the electronics shop doubles as the place where I work on hats when I need to. :p

Later!

Stan

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
portolan said:
I really like the hat on the gentleman sitting on the deck with the cigar? I believe it is referred to as a Panama Bob Cuenca Diamante. I looked on Bob's site, but did not see such a hat. Is this an older style, not made any longer? I love the brim on it....is there a name for that particular style? I think I want one! I can't private message the poster because I don't have enough posts yet....almost....not quite!

Thanks for any guidance....or advice on the this hat.

Hello Portolan, and welcome to the Lounge !!!

And thanks for referring to me as a "gentleman". lol

Panama Bob (aka: Robert Weber) sold these hats on eBay.....they are not on his website. They are wonderful llano-weave Cuenca hats with either a fabric or leather sweatband. They generally sold for less than $50.

Just shoot him an email through his website (www.panamas.biz) and ask him for one. I'm sure he can get more, now that he has moved to Ecuador.

Best regards,

Randy

Ace Fedora

Familiar Face
I used to have a "Man Room"... but now it's my daughter's nursery. How's that for a change of focus...

Had to move my hatrack to the as-yet-unfinished basement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn