Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a man room/study

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Most of my buddies are allowed by their wives and or girl friends to have one room in the house that is theirs to do with what they want.....
Do you have one.......?

Here is mine,,,although I do not have a wife or girl friend who may or may not approve.......

http://photobucket.com/study

Cheers Ghost

gypsy_caravan

New in Town
Not a study, or a den as such. But I do have one room which we fondly refer to as the "Collection Room." Basically, it's the fourth bed room with a keyed lock to keep the young 'uns from destroying the contents.

I've been collecting for about 35 years, books, coins, currency, toys, action figures, and an awful, awful lot of Classic Trek stuff. Oh, and fedoras, too.

When I was a bachelor, it was not an issue. My apartment was more or less like a museum gallery. Years pass. Get married and have kids, buy a house, and convince wife that I need a room with a lock.

She agrees. Now I have all my fun "kid stuff" in a room which is protected and I can go sit and bask in years and years of garage sale finds and clearance items at Toy R Us. My Fedoras, however, are kept out and displayed high up, worn daily, and well loved.

For what it's worth, my Collection Room was the smallest of the four bedrooms. I'm grateful.

gypsy

GWD

One Too Many
My Man Cave

Not exactly Golden Era, but I think I did a pretty good job.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That looks like a lot of stereo equipment. It looks like a Tivoli (if that is a radio) on the safe, another on the table in front of the safe, and a stack on the bookshelf. Are they all stereos?

I love the Miller chair, but in all seriousness, GWD, the man cave has a bit of an issue. It starts with Pat, and ends with Benatar. If you're rockin' out to "hit me with your best shot" in the man cave, I want to see the video on youtube. ;)

GWD

One Too Many
LMAO, Those records aren't mine, they are my neighbors mine are under the stereo equipment, The equipment on the safe is a HP Sine Wave Generator and an old HP Tube Multimeter and the Oscilloscope. The two pieces on the table by the safe were purchased at the Salvation Army and reconditioned by me and sold on ebay awhile back, they were both Marantz units. My main stereo unit is a '70's Kenwood Set. The Turntable is a 70's Pioneer unit.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
LMAO, Those records aren't mine, they are my neighbors mine are under the stereo equipment, The equipment on the safe is a HP Sine Wave Generator and an old HP Tube Multimeter and the Oscilloscope. The two pieces on the table by the safe were purchased at the Salvation Army and reconditioned by me and sold on ebay awhile back, they were both Marantz units. My main stereo unit is a '70's Kenwood Set. The Turntable is a 70's Pioneer unit.

Uhm...............sure:rolleyes: Great hangout. You guys are all posting some really neat rooms. Seems I am poorly lacking in this regard[huh]

tortswon

Practically Family
Tube amps

GWD, those old Marantz tube amps were mighty sweet. My amps are a pair of mono tube amps personally built by Jules Futterman, the principal designer for Marantz in the early eighties. Using Quad ESL 63's and a Mark Levinson preamp. The system is in the informal living room a/k/a stereo room. My wife gives me my man room which houses my computer and collection of photos.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
"That ain't mine" doesn't work on COPS, and it sure doesn't work for Pat Benatar. :p

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Certainly!

Mine's filled with guitars though, and is called a 'studio'. Not a very vintage vibe, though most of the guitars are either vintage or are repros of old designs. The hats are split between the bedroom and the foyer.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I like this thread. You and GWD have pretty nice set-ups.

I have one room which I call "study" and my gal calls "the man room". She and the cats have the entire rest of the two-story, 1883 Folk Victorian home! :rolleyes:

Here's one medium shot of one side. I'll have to shoot some others. Also below are links to detail shots around the room. If we keep including hats in the photos we just might be able to slide this thread by... ;)

DSC_0001.jpg

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/GeneAntiques/

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/HatPix/

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
IC...:eusa_doh: ...I meant "all" the hats in the house...Maybe it should be called the "Babe Room" at your place...and yours will remain the "dog house"....:D lol

Edward

Bartender
As a single guy, my entire apartment is the 'man room.' Alas, most of it seems to be taken up by boxes of stuff... I have storage issues. Planning to redecorate as soon as time and money allow. Much as I'd love to go for an all-out forties style, it'll probably end up more retro-futurist with touches of the 30s and 40s as I can squeeze 'em in. Highest priority will be as many shelves as possible! :rolleyes:

That said, now that I have the cats, Marlene and Greta seem to be of the opinion that it's very much their place, so we'll have to see whether they approve of 'the staff' changing things around...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
Much as I'd love to go for an all-out forties style, it'll probably end up more retro-futurist with touches of the 30s and 40s as I can squeeze 'em in. Highest priority will be as many shelves as possible! :rolleyes:
Sounds like a Bladerunner description!

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
grey ghost said:
Most of my buddies are allowed by their wives and or girl friends to have one room in the house that is theirs to do with what they want.....
Do you have one.......?

Here is mine,,,although I do not have a wife or girl friend who may or may not approve.......

http://photobucket.com/study

Cheers Ghost

Allowed? When did us men have to be "allowed" to have an area of the house to put our things?
Do you your wives or girlfriends also dress you? If so, maybe we should start a club!! :D

I have a 5ftX5ft area in the family room next to the kid toys for my things!!
and tomorrow is T-shirt day!!lol

Oh and um...Pat Benatar?.......lol lol lol lol lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
PabloElFlamenco said:
Hey, HarpPlayer, is that a grey-silver 550 I see there? If so...you little ba***rd!
WARNING: explanation may be due (maybe not...)
Pablo

Hey Pablo,

I'm assuming you mean the Stratocaster. Naw, it's a metallic/grey/silver Japanese model from the eighties. A period, however, when many agree these were superior to the domestics. Nothing of great value but it plays well and is probably worth more than the $75 I paid for it - flight case included! :D

Now, dish with the "explanation"...

G

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael