Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you name your hats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GEM

I creased this VS and dubbed it "The GEM"

VSTimsbash5.jpg

VSTimsbash6-1.jpg

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Yeps said:
Since Stetson Homburg has revived this, I will chime in. I don't name my hats with people names, but I have given a new model name to one: my St. Regis Special. I figured that I couldn't really call it a St. Regis anymore when it stopped being a homburg, but I couldn't really deny the fact that St. Regis was on the inside, so St. Regis Special it is.

I have a feeling that the more I customize hats (I am a very tinker oriented person) the more modified model names I will get.

My converted bailey will get one as soon as it has been made decent enough for me to like again. I have to build a block first.
I don't name my hats either, and I am interested to see some pictures
of your "St. Regis" Special... Can you post some?

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
I hadn't even thought of naming them! :eek:

... I think my wife would send me somewhere, if I tried, though...

Corky

Practically Family
My dogs are named after Counties of Ireland...

My last seven dogs have been named after the Counties of Ireland.

I sometimes refer to my revolver as "Justice".

But do I give names to my hats?

No.

Why would I give a name to something I might have to part ways with in the event of a sudden gust of wind?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Ordinary Guy said:
I call mine Lefty and Hole in the toe......lol

A thread doesn't interest you, so you don't open it for the eight months of its existence. But then one day, you open it...

and it's about as good as you expected.

But at least they're talking about you.

er

sort of.

:D

Pompidou

One Too Many
I haven't named a hat yet, because I have yet to own a hat worth naming. When I get my hat from Art Fawcett, I think I just might name it. It's going to mean a lot to me. It'll be arriving at just around the same time I get my cafe loan and start that up. It's like the milestone in life hat - commemorating the turning point when I stopped settling for less in life. So yeah, I'll probably name it. First, I'll post photos of it here and ask people I see what words come to mind, then I'll probably disregard them and pick whatever came to mind the moment I saw it. It's one of a kind, and just calling it "a custom tailored porkpie with a western styled brim" doesn't cut it. "The Entrepreneur" is what's in my head currently - being a risk, and coinciding with my own entrepreneurship. I'll probably name it The Entrepreneur unless something screams otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner