Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you name your hats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Call me crazy, but I've started naming my hats:

Iphonepictures151.jpg

I've named this one Jasmine - it's a gray VS based on Art's Jazzman, and I thought Jasmine would be a good play on the name of the model.

This is the only one I've named so far, but I have a feeling I'm going to wind up naming the others since it's a far more convenient way of referring to them when discussing them with my friends rather than just describing the hat I'm talking about. So does anyone else have names for any of their hats, or am I the only crazy one? lol -M

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mulceber said:
Call me crazy, but I've started naming my hats...So does anyone else have names for any of their hats, or am I the only crazy one? lol -M

I put a 'diamond' crease of sorts in my Campdraft and showed it to my wife. She said it looked "all wrinkly" so I named it "Old Wrinkle Tail". It morphed into a well defined six pointer but now it currently sports a five point diamond.

It's still is and always will be Old Wrinkle Tail.

And finally... Mulceber, you are crazy and that Jasmine is crazy cool. :D

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I named the hat in my avatar, the "Dingus" since its based on Bogart's Maltese Falcon hat. Otherwise I've gone with Art Fawcett's names for his hats, and none for the others.

Mulceber

Practically Family
kaosharper1 said:
I named the hat in my avatar, the "Dingus" since its based on Bogart's Maltese Falcon hat. Otherwise I've gone with Art Fawcett's names for his hats, and none for the others.

Yeah, that's probably what I'd do, except my VS isn't one of the Limited Editions, so Art didn't name it. If I ever get one of his Limited Editions, I'll probably go for the name he gave it though.

And finally... Mulceber, you are crazy and that Jasmine is crazy cool.

heh, thanks CRH. Love that hat. BTW, that's a cool story about Old Wrinkle Tail.

I have four with names, they're all named Whippet.

Kinda like George Foreman naming all his kids George, isn't it?

I promised myself I would not name them until they started talking to me.

If you love your hats, you're a member of the Fedora Lounge. If your hats love you, you're a patient at an asylum. Such a fine distinction. -M

RBH

Bartender
Yep... I have the 'TVA' and the 'Ranger' to name but two. I also have one coming soon from Mike that will have the coolest name yet.

The old vintage hats have names, so why not my customs.

But I dont think I will name one George or Roscoe.

RBH said:
Yep... I have the 'TVA' and the 'Ranger' to name but two. I also have one coming soon from Mike that will have the coolest name yet.

The old vintage hats have names, so why not my customs.

But I dont think I will name one George or Roscoe.
:arated: Or Betty or Sue...What's your name???
I have the VS Wanderer & the Field & Stream Tribute for my customs..

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I do have a habit of naming my custom hats sooner or later, since they don't have model names. I'm still stumped on one or two, which may have to earn it with a story.

So far, I have a hat with a slight dandy gangster vibe to it that I call the Alfonse, and my Art Fawcett lids are; Stormchaser, Steel Swinger, Chocolate Mint, The Toreador, Detective Special, and Desert Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner