Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DO You watch TCM?

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
If I had cable that would be the only station I'd watch. Well maybe HBO too. TCM is actually how I discovered that I even liked old movies. About 4 years ago I turned it on by chance cause I needed something comforting to fall asleep, and I eneded up watching The Secret life of Walter Mitty. Fabulous.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lesvinyl said:
I turned it on by chance cause I needed something comforting to fall asleep, and I eneded up watching The Secret life of Walter Mitty. Fabulous.
I won't tune into TCM if I need to get to sleep in a timely manner; I've gotten hooked on a movie and been up till the wee hours.:eusa_doh:

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Now you are just rubbing it in.:(
I used to have AMC and enjoyed the classic American movies. Then I had TCM and AMC and thoroughly enjoyed TCM. Don't read the next part unless you want cry. My cable company dropped TCM :mad: and AMC became friggin' useless.:rage:
I need a drink.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

funneman

Practically Family
TCM?

I check in almost every afternoon. Usually when I'm cooking dinner.

It's right next to a channel called "Retroplex" and "Indiplex". Between the three, there is always a good "Hat Flick" on.

Did anyone see Ida Lapino in "The Hard Way"? It was on last night? 06/12/07

Nashoba

One Too Many
I too watch it more than pretty much anything else. I suppose I alternate between TCM and sadly Law & Order. But I do pay special attention to the hats lately. I've been in a hat mood and I've started wearing them more often. I'll be honest I watch some of the flicks for the hats to see if any resemble some of the ones I have...I have a couple that I have no idea how to wear....

Nashoba

One Too Many
Feraud said:
You should start a hat thread. I am sure someone can suggest a style or two for your hats.

I did ask at one point in the PR and we sort of figured out one of them. But you're right. Maybe I should post them here in the hat area and see where it leads me. My problem is I see an interesting ladies hat and I find I must have it. It's only after I get it home that I realize I either have nothing to match it or I really have no idea how it's supposed to look...lol I suppose I'll have to take some more pictures now.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Wolf said:
[/I] My cable company dropped TCM :mad:
Sincerely,
The Wolf
I suggest you drop your cable company, The Wolf.
I don't have cable but if I'm house-sitting or visiting relatives I turn on TCM and they always have something worth watching. I don't even bother to look up the schedule, I simply turn on TCM.
Still not getting cable, however; I can't afford it and I have access to more free old movies than I can ever watch from my collection and the public library.

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
I'm still trying to acquire that taste. I'm kinda spoiled with today's action packed movies in HD and 5.1 surround and all that. I'm also into wholesome movies and hardly into rated Rs.

I find it easier to like the music though, more than the movies of those era. I could listen to their music all day and fully appreciate it. Such as Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Cole Porter, Jerome Kern, Rodgers, Youmans, F. Loesser, Lerner & Loewe. I really don't care for today's music, honestly speaking. The music of today in the true definition of its word has lost its real purpose and meaning to soothe the listener. IMO ;)

If I could like TCM movies as much as their music, I think I'll be well rounded Fedoranite. :)

aliados

One of the Regulars
I definitely relate to your taste in music (although my favorite listening is from the slightly earlier, Prohibition era), but insofar as movies go, I definitely prefer talent over special effects.

And TCM is, naturally, my favorite station. When Turner first started running old, obscure movies (which may have been on TNT just prior to TCM), I wouldn't believe that I was seeing movies I'd only heard about before -- early Cagney, the first version of the Maltese Falcon, man -- I was in heaven!

maff2k

New in Town
We have it over here as well

But I don't know if the schedule is the same or not.

Tonight we have:

What ever happened to Baby Jane, Shoot the Moon and Diner.

there's also a TCM2 here as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy