Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have a Real McCoy AND a Buzz Rickson N-1?

CatsCan

Practically Family
the Tanker really is a nice alternative. But I am really curious if you can get that cheap Mil-Tec N-1 over there in the US, it is a nice looking and comfortable jacket for the price tag.
To clear things, it is not a question of money for the thread opener, it's a question of fit.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the Tanke really is a nice alternative. But I am really curious if you can get that cheap Mil-Tec N-1 over there in the US, it is a nice looking and comfortable jacket for the price tag.

I added a link to the fleece-lined N-1 there as well.

NE202DC

Familiar Face

CatsCan

Practically Family
I will! I just stumbled across these on Cultizm, which is a German site. I guess the brand is called Military Surplus. Ever heard of it?
It's the exact same Jacket. It's just called Military Surplus on Cultizm's site. Cultizm is a store in Münster Germany. They also have Iron Heart, Pike Brothers and such. I think most traders sell these on ebay or even amazon. Go for the cheapest incl. shipping.

CatsCan

Practically Family
Check also Bronson! But you will have to size up. There is one ebay shop, something with vtgdr-store or so. They will ask you for your measurements and advice you to size up.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Issued A-2 deck is not difficult to find. The sought after ones are like m65, the Vietnam war era ones, especially the early version with pointy pocket flap over chest pocket.

RapidReaper

Familiar Face
B
Sure, I get that. With the weight loss, I've had to start rebuilding my entire wardrobe (I had a BR in 42 that used to actually fit me). I definitely have that "bug" where I want shiny new things, and I probably should be looking at more economical and functional clothing.
Bronson is a good option

CatsCan

Practically Family
Issued A-2 deck is not difficult to find. The sought after ones are like m65, the Vietnam war era ones, especially the early version with pointy pocket flap over chest pocket.
True. There are very early ones made from Jungle Cloth. They seem to be the rarest. But it's hard to find examples in NOS or mint condition. Most I have seen were totally battered, only good for rags as my wife would put it but still run over $250. The rectangular pocket flap appeared towards the end of Vietnam War. From back then the Jackets stayed the same until into the 80s. Chances to find a mint one or at least a very good condition one are better for the later ones. My A-2 is from 1978 but near perfect condition. I paid 90 € for it. I do have a good condition M-65 from 1967 with aluminum zippers, triangular cuff gusset. I paid 85 € for it but the guy didn't know about it's vintage. I like to have them in very good condition. When I was younger I liked my military jackets faded and a little torn, just like I wore my jeans.

CatsCan

Practically Family
I think we can sum up what most including the TO agreed on.
Ranking:
Option 1: Keep the Buzz, let the sleeves be shortened. But check one size bigger first if the bigger size solves the armhole issue.
Option 2: Keep the McCoy's N-1, let the sleeves be shortened. (No armhole issue, feels good, TO would prefer this over the other)
Option 3: Check for other Makes, including the cheapest but also Bronson (most likeley armhole issue, too).
Bonus: Buy a good vintage A-2 (easiest solution)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24