Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have an Akubra Bogart?

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Doctor Strange said:
No, you should probably order your regular size. It's more that Akubras start out sized a little big and then shrink to your personally correct size. By all means, measure your head carefully, and look at the charts on the sites, talk to the dealers, etc., to be sure.

Thanks for the quick reply, Doc!
Good to know that they come a bit big and then shrink to the wearer.

And Edward, exactly what I was afraid of.

Havana

One of the Regulars
Listen to the Doctor. I've always ordered my correct size in Akubras and they always seem to come a few millimeters too big. After a few extended wearings, the sweat bands shrink a bit and conform to the head. Mine fit perfectly even after years of wear.

Donato

One of the Regulars

Donato

One of the Regulars
Bama Mike said:
Thank you for that tip.
You're welcome, Mike. In fact, this is what their website says about prices at australiangear.com: "ALL OF OUR PRICES ARE IN US$ AND INCLUDE FIRST CLASS AIR MAIL AND INSURANCE TO ALMOST ALL COUNTRIES." What a bargain! I wish they sold the Federation!

Edward

Bartender
A dserved exclusive, surely.... I've not dealt with the other organisation, I'm sure they're great, but I can't imagine anyone could possibly better the service I've had from Hats Direct on both my Feds. :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Having dealt with Hats Direct twice now, I would pay a little extra for shipping and buy from them again for any Akubra purchase. The customer service was just that good to me. Just my .02 cents.:)

Donato

One of the Regulars
Akubra Bogart arrived today!

The fit and finish exude quality, although the felt is stiff. It has a nice edge brim and reminds me very much like the Stetson Sutley in size, shape and style. Oddly enough, while it fits my size 58 head, it is a tad tight along the sides and this surprised me because I read somewhere on this forum that Akubras tend to run large and then shrink to size. I hope that does not happen here or I will need a hat stretcher. All in all, I am very satisfied and will post some pics when I have them. A Stylemaster is also on the way.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Here they are...but a photographer I am not!

MrFusion said:
Can't wait to see the pictures!
I'm still on the fence but I am leaning towards black as well.
DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0320_edited-1.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Ohhhhh! That is nice! What shade is the grey it comes in - is it darker like a Fed, or do they do it in a lighter colour?

Donato

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
Ohhhhh! That is nice! What shade is the grey it comes in - is it darker like a Fed, or do they do it in a lighter colour?

Good Evening, Edward.
Here is a link where the Bogart is sold, but there are no photo images of the hat in each color, or even of the hat itself, just a color panel that tells you what colors they come in. Akubra calls it a "carbon grey."
http://www.yatesmenswear.com.au/onlineproducts/akubra/bogart.html

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
We really need to see all of Akubra's greys next to one another for comparison!

Carbon Grey, Cruiser Grey, Glen Grey, Steel Grey, Mid Grey, Moonstone, etc...

None of the existing sites show them all together, similarly lit. (The official Akubra site has some nice shots, but not all together.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit