Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Helix Deviant Fit check/size comparison

mosheh

New in Town
Hello guys,

I've read and learned a lot about leather jackets on this forum and decided on a Double Helix Deviant. I ordered size 40 and 42 and would appreciate some input on which I should keep.

I'm 6'1''/185cm and 180lbs/82kg.

I like the closer fit of the 40 and the sleeve length of it but I'm worried that since it's horse hide it is not going to stretch overall but the sleeves are going to get a little shorter due to creasing. The 40 is pretty snug when I tried it with a cable knit sweater and even with a button down shirt there is a little tightness noticeable in the shoulders. Especially when moving around the tighter fit of the 40 is a little restricting. My problem is that I'm always worried about wearing things that are too loose, especially double riders imo look ridiculous if too loose.

Looking at the pictures myself I tend to the 42 but I'm curious of outside opinion!

album of size 40: album of size 42:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Well, congrats, you wear both sizes very well. If Your current fit preference is on the trimmer side, then go with what your heart wants, the 40. Buy the jacket how you like to wear it today, and enjoy it until you don’t.
Great boots too. Acorn Stows?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
42 here too..been down the glove fit road before & felt like a sausage…

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
42 all day - fits and looks better, and if the 40 feels restrictive now theres no guarantee it always wont.

mosheh

New in Town
Thanks a lot guys! My girlfriend is really happy with that unanimous vote. She always votes for the larger piece and is angry when I choose the smaller one :D

@Canuck Panda yes! These are Acorn stows. I love them but I would have preferred the half lug sole that some people have, could be a special edition. Will choose that when they eventually have to be resoled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner