Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Shoulder Holster

vintage68

Practically Family
This is my first post, so forgive me if it's not in the proper forum.

I'm looking to have a reproduction made of Bruce Willis' double shoulder holster that he used in the 30's period movie Last Man Standing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm a stickler for quality and attention to detail, so it would need to be made by an experienced leatherworker who has a holster making background.

I've tried many places on-line and they all turned me down flat.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
vintage68 said:
I'm a stickler for quality and attention to detail, so it would need to be made by an experienced leatherworker who has a holster making background.

I would suggest that you PM this gentleman, as he can certainly refer you to a qualified holster maker. Do not tell him that I sent you.;)

vintage68

Practically Family
Thanks for your reply.

Gotta say I actually DID place an order from them as was not impressed with the quality when I received it. Shallow dye job on the leather (scratches exposed the raw leather), wrong color (oxblood rather than a deep chocolate brown), and treated with something that wrinkled. Seems to be constructed well enough, but as I said I'm a stickler for detail and it just wasn't a very good job.

Shoulda mentioned that in my post.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
You might try Todd's Costumes. He was making a replica of the double shoulder holster worn by Brendan Fraser in The Mummy movies.

Another option is Indy Magnoli. I don't know if he has what you're looking for now, bu he also does a lot of leather work and is always willing to work with people on new items.

Indy Magnoli is a member here, but I'm not sure about Todd. I think both are known for their good work, though.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage,

They're the only ones I know actually making "replicas" of the holsters. I think you are indeed down to the custom leather guys. You might check out some of the gun forums and search for threads.

theHighroad.org

thefiringline.com

1911forum.com might have something, but I've never been a member there.

Double rigs

Anybody watch Billy Bathgate? One of the guys, Irv, I think has a great double rig of 1911's.
Irv will get you out of trouble with that rig.

I would like to get either (or both) the Jackass Rig or Miami Vice rig from Galco, one of these days.

I would also love to do a double rig of the extended barrel 1911's too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo