Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doubt to choose length Board Racer j100.

newtojackets

Practically Family
It squeezes me a lot on my arms, especially in the area between the biceps and forearms to the point where it hurts (I have big arms) I can't close the zippers on my arms either, do you know if the skin will stretch over time enough in that area? The leather is Vicenza, thank you.
Board racer has very very trim sleeves. Don’t expect this to stretch. I sold my BR because I could not get it to feel comfortable (though tbf mine was CXL)

Torvic

Familiar Face
I’d keep the back length as is but add a one inch drop front, I wish I had requested this with mine. It’ll make untucked shirts less of an issue.
Adding more length to the front drop is something I've thought of as well, the front drop on the BR is only 0.75"

Torvic

Familiar Face
Cafe racer and board racer fits are tricky. It seems that somewhere around 24-25 inches works... It's usually the 'tightness' that I can't get right. A 42 is almost too tight. A 44 is great, but a little too loose.
More or less the same thing happens to me between the 40 and the 42, in my case I reduced the hem of the 42 to 20" so it would be a mix between the two, the tolerance of 0.5" of Aero that can reach fit better or worse, it happened to me that the badalassi fitted me better than Vicenza, being of the same measurements requested.

Torvic

Familiar Face
Such a thing doesn't exist, a jacket that suits everyone equally.

The clue is to figure out what suits you :)
That's how it is! each body is different as well as the patterns of the jackets are too, in the end to see what suits us is trial and error, although the error is usually quite expensive! ha ha

jglf

A-List Customer
All of my Aero’s back and sleeve lengths have always been at least 0.5” shorter than I specified.

Torvic

Familiar Face
Apparently in the case of the length everyone has subtracted practically half an inch of tolerance, in my two Aero jackets it has also been like that. I don't know if the opposite case has happened to someone with more length than requested.

jglf

A-List Customer
I’m 5’9 and have a BR “seven” size 42 with 20”hem and 26” back length and will post pictures in a few days so you can see how it looks. I asked Aero for a longer front drop but was told that it wasn’t possible, so that is why I went for 26.” Otherwise, I would would gone 25-25.5.”
I wear my shirts untucked and only like an inch or two to show beneath the jacket. I also buy shorter shirt brands.

Torvic

Familiar Face
I’m 5’9 and have a BR “seven” size 42 with 20”hem and 26” back length and will post pictures in a few days so you can see how it looks. I asked Aero for a longer front drop but was told that it wasn’t possible, so that is why I went for 26.” Otherwise, I would would gone 25-25.5.”
I wear my shirts untucked and only like an inch or two to show beneath the jacket. I also buy shorter shirt brands.
Great! They are exactly the measurements that I was thinking of requesting for the next one, it will help me to get an idea since we have the same height, out of curiosity, when you made the order, did you request something extra for tolerance? Talking to Holly, she suggested that I ask for 26.25" so that in the event that I subtract half an inch it would remain at 25.75", which is the minimum length I want for this model. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on your posts!

jglf

A-List Customer
I was aiming for 25.5, so that is why I requested 26 but it turned out to be exactly 26.” I like my jackets a little longer in back and sleeve length, but anything much longer than 26” would be too long for me. It all comes down to personal preference and your own body weight and dimensions.

My problem with aero is the 1/2” tolerance stacking. For example, one of my jackets was 1/2” narrower in the shoulders and chest and 1/2” short in the sleeves which compounded to 3/4” shorter sleeves. The bottom hem was actually 1” smaller which made for an overall tight jacket.

For my BR “seven,” aero hit the back, sleeve, and shoulder measurements, but went 1/2” larger in chest and hem which makes it a little big without layering. Overall, it doesn’t look bad because of the slim profile of this pattern, and it is very comfortable with good mobility.
Great! They are exactly the measurements that I was thinking of requesting for the next one, it will help me to get an idea since we have the same height, out of curiosity, when you made the order, did you request something extra for tolerance? Talking to Holly, she suggested that I ask for 26.25" so that in the event that I subtract half an inch it would remain at 25.75", which is the minimum length I want for this model. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on your posts!

Torvic

Familiar Face
I was aiming for 25.5, so that is why I requested 26 but it turned out to be exactly 26.” I like my jackets a little longer in back and sleeve length, but anything much longer than 26” would be too long for me. It all comes down to personal preference and your own body weight and dimensions.

My problem with aero is the 1/2” tolerance stacking. For example, one of my jackets was 1/2” narrower in the shoulders and chest and 1/2” short in the sleeves which compounded to 3/4” shorter sleeves. The bottom hem was actually 1” smaller which made for an overall tight jacket.

For my BR “seven,” aero hit the back, sleeve, and shoulder measurements, but went 1/2” larger in chest and hem which makes it a little big without layering. Overall, it doesn’t look bad because of the slim profile of this pattern, and it is very comfortable with good mobility.
In my case, the shoulders have been reduced by 0.5" the same as the length of the jacket, the hem is 0.25" larger than what I requested, sleeves and chest are correct.
I weigh 170 pounds with an athletic build with a long torso, and the Badalassi model fit better than the Vicenza, they were made at the same time.
In this case I think I'll choose 26" just like you because I think more than that would be too much and if they reduce to 25.5" I think it would be fine.
In the end, all that remains is to hope that it adjusts to what we want.
Thanks for your answer and enjoy your jacket!

jglf

A-List Customer
Here are the fit pics. I’m 5’9” 165lbs. I know the back looks a little long, but this is the length needed to get the front length right for me. If aero will give you a longer front drop, I would that route and get the back 25”-25.5.” This jacket is also about an inch too big for me in the chest and waist and I’m seeing if I can get it modified to fit snugger. The good thing about this pattern is that it still looks trim even when slightly oversized.
IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are the fit pics. I’m 5’9” 165lbs. I know the back looks a little long, but this is the length needed to get the front length right for me. If aero will give you a longer front drop, I would that route and get the back 25”-25.5.” This jacket is also about an inch too big for me in the chest and waist and I’m seeing if I can get it modified to fit snugger. The good thing about this pattern is that it still looks trim even when slightly oversized.
View attachment 542785
View attachment 542786
It would never have occurred to me that this jacket shouldn't fit perfectly. It looks neither too long nor too loose.
Here is mine...
IMG_9972.jpeg IMG_9952.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 542785
View attachment 542786

Who convinced you this is a bad fit? It's spot on, unusually so.

Torvic

Familiar Face
View attachment 542785
View attachment 542786
Seen from here, the lace looks great, even the length seems correct to me, that's how I would like it to fit me. The BR pattern is originally longer so it gives more leeway in length perhaps than other patterns.
Thank you for posting the photos they have been very helpful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner