dress set

Discussion in 'Suits' started by colorblind, Mar 14, 2005.

1. colorblind

colorblind New in Town

Greetings

I am new to this and I tried to post a pic of my swing band since we are trying to be a little vintage. I was unable to figure it out. I do have a question. Why do new dress sets for dinner shirts have 4 studs when the vintage sets have 3 studs?

2. I don't know about the studs - But an image can be posted by clicking on the little yellow pic that looks like mountains.

There is a great tutorial in the Observation Bar right now.

Welcome to the lounge ;)

3. colorblind

colorblind New in Town

I figured it out....I think

[​IMG]

4. colorblind

colorblind New in Town

band

[​IMG]

5. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

Good question... need to do some research.

Cool pics.

6. Marlowe

Marlowe One of the Regulars

So...Where were those pictures taken? Kind of looks like Arizona...

7. Canadave

Canadave One Too Many

Nice pics, Django! Where do you play?

David

8. AlanC

AlanC My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sacre bleu! A hot club band, indeed. Do tell, colorblind. I didn't know you played gypsy jazz. And a bit about your guitar, too, please. Is it an actual Selmer (looks newish to me, though)?

I had a Selmer style mandolin built by David Hodson in England for awhile, but ended up selling it. Alas, my instruments are usually better than the player.

9. colorblind

colorblind New in Town

Gypsy jazz

The guitar is a Chinese copy of a Selmer Oval hole model and it is a cannon. It was cheap at around $800. I have 4 expensive Martins that I have had to replace tuners on but this Saga Chinese guitar stays in tune remarkably well. I love the extra long scale but the French marker position on the 10th fret drives me crazy.

I was a musician for about 6 years in my 20s. But did not play much jazz nor swing. We have just done a demo CD to get some gigs but we still need a little work. The bass player comes from a classical piano background and knows more chord theory than both of us but is just getting used to the double bass. This is a pretty good opportunity to wear Tuxedos, suits, fedoras, or spectator shoes etc.

The pictures were taken in Carlesbad, New Mexico. We may be the only Gypsy swing band int New Mexico