Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drizabone alternative to Belstaff/Barbour

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I just got the new Jacana Drizabone - a lot like the traditional waxed cotton bike jacket. Drizabone used to make them here for Belstaff.

Perhaps someone can pop up a photo. It is absolutely brilliant. Heavy cotton, extremely well made, a wonder... For just $300 Australian, it is a fantastic buy and a great alternative to the overpriced alternatives.

Todd V

Familiar Face
Seb,

Congratulations, as that is a beauty of a jacket. Could you provide us with your experience with the sizing and of the drizabone?

I'm loving the waxed cotton jackets but the sizing of each brand seems to vary wildly. I have my eye on the Peregrine TT and I've heard that they are adding a Small to the size range!

Enjoy the jacket!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Size wise I'd say the Jacana is closer fitting than other Drizabones I own. I have an XL in three of their jackets and this one is a perfect fit. My Ranger model, for instance is much looser or baggier. I am six feet two and 185 pounds, with long arms.

The Jacana comes in black and is a 3/4 length coat. The sleeves are nice and fitted.

I don't know the history of Drizabone - I didn't think they had any connection to Belstaff other than a contract to produce some Belstaff gear.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Interesting. The problem with those articles is that they are so poorly worded it is almost impossible to determine what the Belstaff connection is.

My Jacana just arrived. They are currently on sale on Drizabone's website for $209.40 Australian.

From their website:

This is a style that has been created from early Driza-Bone archives and is a classic piece.

If I recall correctly Drizabone has made Barbour clothing under contract as well? Perhaps I am remembering it wrong and it was Belstaff. Or maybe they got it wrong - there seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to Barbour and Belstaff. In any case, did Drizabone sell this type of jacket under their name before? Or are they perhaps working from what they did for Barbour/Belstaff?

d-17811.jpg

I would rather the buckle collar than the velcro; but I am pretty happy with it. Not my picture, by the way. Also, there is a little label attached to the top of the bottom right pocket. This doesn't seem to be the case in some of the photos I have seen, could be that they were too small to make it out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff