Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dunlap Drive-In

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I would like to be the first to congratulate Buler and Jtl on their twins, but it will be easier for the proud parents to differentiate the kids if they at least dress them differently!

Great pick-ups!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I would like to be the first to congratulate Buler and Jtl on their twins, but it will be easier for the proud parents to differentiate the kids if they at least dress them differently!

Great pick-ups!

Actually, it's just one kid -- and I now have sole custody...;)

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
Box dated 1903

Picked this up on the Monteagle trip. Dated 8/25/03.

B

dunlap_1903_box_1.jpg

dunlap_1903_box_2.jpg

dunlap_1903_box_3.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
60's Dunlap Stingy

Here's some pics of a Dunlap Stingy that I had at one time. The brim was a SHORT 1 3/8 inches. I gave it away to a friend, It just looked soooooooo wrong on me.

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Joshbru3, I know what you mean. I have given away several hats to charity and another two hats to a old gentleman who walks all around town every day. Nice to see he actually wears them!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm hella late to the party, fellas, but JtL's (formerly Buler's) Dunlap is amazing!
I'm also partial to the straw and felt stingy's posted by Dinerman and Joshbru. Hats like those make me wish stingy brims looked good on me lol.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Joshbru3, I know what you mean. I have given away several hats to charity and another two hats to a old gentleman who walks all around town every day. Nice to see he actually wears them!

That was very nice of you DRB. I always feel good when I give someone a hat. It makes me feel like I'm passing along my love of hats and hopefully starting a new love for the person I gave the hat to. Whats funny is that when I first started wearing hats, I used to look for low crowned/stingy brimmed hats. It felt weird wearing a hat when most people didnt. I used to look at some of the full crowned/large brimmed hats here at the lounge and think to myself, "Wow, those are some HUGE hats." Then as my love of hats grew, I started searching specifically for higher crowns and wider brims. I still think that anything bigger than a 2 3/4 inch brim looks to big on me, but now, I wont do anything less than 2 inches and at least a 4 3/4+ inch crown.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I'm hella late to the party, fellas, but JtL's (formerly Buler's) Dunlap is amazing!
I'm also partial to the straw and felt stingy's posted by Dinerman and Joshbru. Hats like those make me wish stingy brims looked good on me lol.

I think it takes a special kind of guy to pull off the stingy brim look. But then again, I also think it takes a special kind of guy to pull off anything bigger than a 2 7/8 inch brim. Most of us are stuck somewhere between 2 inches and 2 3/4 inches. I think its a good place to be. :)

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it takes a special kind of guy to pull off the stingy brim look. But then again, I also think it takes a special kind of guy to pull off anything bigger than a 2 7/8 inch brim. Most of us are stuck somewhere between 2 inches and 2 3/4 inches. I think its a good place to be. :)

As good a place as any :).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
With that tight pinch and dimensional brim on the Gyro, I expect the Indy-types are gonna get uppity. :washing:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am glad to see this thread, although it seems to be getting old...my first real hat is a Dunlap. It was a great find, new, never worn from a theater wardrobe in New York. I will have to take some pictures of it and post them here. It is a black supreme with a silk finish. I am amazed at how it looks new yet today, but I only have worn it maybe a dozen times if that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21