Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dunlap Drive-In

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
At Buler's request...

Late '20s to mid-'30s Dunlap. I found two at once - one with a dark brown brim, the other with dark grey, both in pristine condition.

The felt goes up about 1/2 inch on the inside, but appears to be sewn to the straw right at the brim junction.

StrawFeltLg.jpg

StrawFeltDtl.jpg

Has the shape of a late '30s/'40s felt hat, but also like any straw fedora from that period or earlier.

Dating was based on this type of reeded sweatband, taped sweat, the frayed bow (but as odd as this hat is, they might have brought this back as part of the odd design). There's also something very odd about the olive-green bow that I can't put my finger on. I haven't researched the store yet, but it's local to Seattle.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
At Buler's request...

Late '20s to mid-'30s Dunlap. I found two at once - one with a dark brown brim, the other with dark grey, both in pristine condition.

The felt goes up about 1/2 inch on the inside, but appears to be sewn to the straw right at the brim junction.

StrawFeltLg.jpg

StrawFeltDtl.jpg

Has the shape of a late '30s/'40s felt hat, but also like any straw fedora from that period or earlier.

Dating was based on this type of reeded sweatband, taped sweat, the frayed bow (but as odd as this hat is, they might have brought this back as part of the odd design). There's also something very odd about the olive-green bow that I can't put my finger on. I haven't researched the store yet, but it's local to Seattle.

Beautiful Hat, looks Great. The brim gives a wonderful contrast.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
At Buler's request...

StrawFeltLg.jpg

StrawFeltDtl.jpg

This is the most extraordinary, wonderful fedora I've seen in years. May I ask what hat size it is, Scott?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Marvelous lid, Mike!! Its so rare to find those beautiful 40's/early 50's Dunlaps in such beautiful condition. Great find!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ