Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duxford - anyone?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Perhaps..Perhaps...Perhaps

I'm toying with the idea as I didn't get last year (in fact gave my tickets away here on TFL).

So..it's a possibility, but there's a lot happening around that time for me.[huh]

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I intend going on the sunday to FL and also to the May Air show at Duxford. Am also going to Biggin Hill as they have an interesting group of planes this year. :)

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
i wish. i think OshKosh with the fly-in is more realistic... but, wouldn't mind visiting and maybe having a pint with the Queen when in town :)

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
Hi
Anbody planning to go to Flying Legends june 7-8?
Could be a nice place to meet:cheers1:

I think you'll find the Flying Legends show is July 7-8, not June. Hopefully I will be there this year.

henderson field

New in Town
I'll Be There!

Yes, I am going to the Flying Legends, and probably all the other shows at Duxford this year too! My brother and his two sons are coming up for the FL weekend so it will be a great "boys" day out.

I am going to join the Sally-B supporters' club this year and ( hopefully) get a tour around the lovely lady at one of the shows. At the last show the supporters had their own marquee with a couple of guys dressed as WWII MPs at the entrance. They looked so cool in their uniforms and 'snowdrop' helmet liners.

Hope you all have a good time at the show.

Cheers,

HF

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents...

I can't promise I'll be there due to a number of things going on. But if I do, I'll probably go into Cambridge for an evening to THE EAGLE pub, which was a fav with aircrews of both the Commonwealth nations and the USA during the war. One of the rooms has been preserved in their honour and their names and those of girlfriends and squadrons are written into the ceiling with cigarettes and lipstick!!

Some of the Lounge and VLJ boys at Duxford.

DuxfordAirShow2004002.jpg

DuxfordAirShow2004001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats