Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ear warmers for hats

RBH

Bartender
I just got this from Mike, he has been working on ear warmers for hats.
With this cold weather this will be sweet.
The warmers fit into the sweat and do not make the size change, and remove easy when you need to take it out.

photos removed till I speak with Mike

majormoore

Vendor
I made 1 dozen the other day and have sold all but three, had one on my western hat yesterday, 18 degrees and wind blowing very hard, ears stayed nice and warm and hat never blew off, when you have the ear flaps pulled under your chin it acts like a stampede string.

Major Moore

majormoore

Vendor
Any ideas on how I should market this, already been talking to a plant that could turn out a 1000 a day very easy, just need to see if there is a market.

Major Moore

Akubra Man said:
I am up in Canada and in winter we face -30 Celsius temps. That would be very welcome up here.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
majormoore said:
Any ideas on how I should market this, already been talking to a plant that could turn out a 1000 a day very easy, just need to see if there is a market.

Major Moore

Just let me know when they're ready!

AlterEgo

A-List Customer
As a business consultant, I'm paid hideously huge to recommend what is sometimes so obvious. In that vein, my free advice to you on this product is that it will sell like hotcakes, but you must get the patent process in motion immediately and act fast to get it into production. Work even harder on channels of distribution--that's where the big boys squash little guys like you.

Remember, the big guns will basically copy your idea with small changes and try blow you away, so you must GET TO MARKET FIRST.

NOW is the time to think in terms of building out with brand extensions, say polar fleece ones, cashmere, in more colors, etc.

Key is a catchy name. "Snuggie" has now sold over a million units, but never would have done so well with a name like "backwards robe."

By the way, I'd like one. What are they made of?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay, didn't see it, but I want them. It's been so cold here lately (single digits and below) that I've not worn a fedora in ages because my ears get cold.

Can you do UK blue and white? ;)

cptjeff

Practically Family
I'll take one in green and gold if you're doing colors.

If you're not doing colors, I'll still take one. I was looking for something just yesterday, and I tried the 180s and they didn't work well with my hat (didn't fell quite right period actually.)

bigbjorn

New in Town
Seems like a good product, but I fear that a patent might be tough to get -- I suspect that a similar or identical invention exists from the heyday of hats, which could invalidate a patent. That is, you might still get a patent, but it could be challenged under the prior art doctrine. In any case, it was 22 here today, so I'd like a set!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo