Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early '90's Aero RAF (modified) size 44 Brilliant condition. AUD$850 or Trade

dan_t

Practically Family
For sale, open to reasonable offers or trade.

Asking price including international shipping, tracking & insurance;
Australian Dollars $850
Or approximately;
USD$660
Euro 560
GBP 502

I acquired this beautiful jacket recently and need to move it on as I simply cannot wear it in Sydney.

Recently I reached out to Aero for some input, the feedback I received from Ken was as follows;
"...it is a very early Aero RAF from the early 90’s judging by the Zippers and make up. The pockets are certainly a later mod not carried out by us."

The jacket is in an overall stunning condition and appears to have been sparingly worn & well looked after.

I have taken a number of images, in both direct & indirect sunlight to illustrate the condition and features. The measurements are clearly depicted in the pics, please do take the time to look at these first.
Given that it is a shearling jacket, expect the external measurements to read large for a standard 44. This is due to the thickness of the sheepskin & this jacket does wear like a 44 on me (I wear a 42).

Approximate external measurements (keep in mind it is a thick shearling jacket & will measure larger than a standard non-sheepskin jacket, for the same fit);
Size; 44
P2P; 26"
Shoulders; 22.5"
Back; 26.5"
Arms; 27"

I'm happy to ship anywhere in the world & the asking price INCLUDES worldwide shipping, with tracking and insurance.

There are 2 points to note;
(a) On the right hand pocket, the 'facing' (if that's the correct term) has
minor visible stitch holes. These pockets have been added at some stage in the jacket's life & not by Aero. If Ken hadn't have commented to this effect, I wouldn't have know.
(b) The side belts have been removed. If you look extremely closely, you can see where they were removed, but this only if you look seriously closely.

Trades would be considered for Thedi, Aero, Eastman or other similar quality makers.
Café racer, cross zip or other interesting styles could be of interest.
Note; I wear a standard 42, with a little extra length.
My ideal measurements are as follows;
Size; 42
Shoulders; 19.5"
Pit to Pit; 23"
Back; 26"
Arms; 26.5"

Please do let me know if you have any questions,
Cheers,
Dan

First 10 pictures;

Irvin (1 of 21).jpg
Irvin (2 of 21).jpg
Irvin (3 of 21).jpg
Irvin (4 of 21).jpg
Irvin (5 of 21).jpg
Irvin (6 of 21).jpg
Irvin (7 of 21).jpg
Irvin (8 of 21).jpg
Irvin (9 of 21).jpg
Irvin (10 of 21).jpg

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Bump - it has to go!!
Grab yourself a fantastic winter jacket before the cold weather hits.
All sensible offers considered, reach out - you never know your luck.
Includes international postage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy