Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman B-3 .50 CAL

Dav

One Too Many
Hello gents, been over two years since I started a thread or even purchased a new jacket, shocking.
Well that was remedied yesterday with the unexpected arrival of this beauty. :)
Jacket is a standard 44, I'm 6'1" with a 42.5 chest.
First of, WOW, what a jacket, love it. This is the first time I've seen a B-3 let alone worn one, or an Eastman for that matter, so was a bit apprehensive, especially over the arm length, I think it's fine though.
The hide on this feels very different to my Aero Irvin, top coat feels much heavier and thicker, fur feels about the same, certainly think it's going to need some taming despite the time worn process. As for that, well I know it's not that popular round here and I do agree, there's nothing better than genuine time worn, however I don't think it's over done and I wanted this colour fleece so I dived in.
Pics
DSC_0931 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0933 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0934 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0935 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0936 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0938 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0940 (683x1024).jpg
DSC_0941 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0942 (1024x683).jpg
DSC_0944 (683x1024).jpg

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket, fits great too and I think the time worn look is very good and certainly not overdone!

D

Reactions: Dav

Deacon211

One Too Many
Awesome jacket and fit.

If you had told me that it was an original, I'd have believed it.

I really appreciate how jacket companies have improved their aging methods over the years. Used to be a "antiqued" jacket didn't look like you flew in it...it looked like you got shot down in it. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Just curiously...What's the idea behind the A-2 under it? That's cool lookin' Was it a cold day?

I'd personally Trade those shades for some classic Aviators or something similar to the GI issue Green Tinted ones with the plastic Frames that look like they go with the M-1 Helmet.

all you need now is a pipe and a mechanics cap, do you have a B-2 Hat to match?

How about some OD green cotton or wool Battle pants? I dare ya!

It doesn't look timeworn, how much different is a new one without the Timeworn, is it worth the extra coin do you think?

I'd like the Mixed batch Version personally, not sure if They'd charge me that much extra to make a clone of my original Aero mixed batch, If I sent them detailed photos? I mean, for that matter how much more is a Mixed batch over a .50 cal timeworn? I'd like to see a ELC MIxed batch in action.

How much extra for the timeworn? I'd have said a few months splitting some wood wearing that Jacket you'd have the same effect of what I'm seeing in those photos. Anyway That Jacket is amazing, truly amazing on you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dav

Dav

One Too Many
I wasn't wearing it like that, just wanted to see what it looked/fitted like. Probably got this totally wrong, but weren't they worn like that sometimes during ww2?
No hat I'm afraid.
Not sure the time worn is 100% worth it tbh, but I wanted the 50cal which only comes time worn.
As for the shades, they're my glasses, of which I only have one pair, so pretty stuck with those at the moment, spent my money on jackets instead ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner