Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather new website

Edward

Bartender
Nicely done. Eastman have always done the website thing very well - this is excellent. The storage system is intriguing, though I'd prefer something in wood myself. not a bad idea, though - I may start looking for something in IKEA that would do this job.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is better orgained with the sub-sections under some of the main categories. It's a shame there is not a section on original jackets as in the famous Golden Book and of customers wearing jackets.Where is the guestbook? I know people used it to sell jackets and leave feedback on products.

Last edited:

rumblefish

One Too Many
Nice site update though and new B-17 WASP jacket.

A few years too late to copy the label exactly and call it "Good Wear" Leather Coat.

Nice changes to their site, but I always like to see a section like "Customers Wearing". I always make my decisions about purchases only after seeing the jackets being worn. So, I'm left to finding photos on forums and ebay for further research.

Last edited:

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
It is better orgained with the sub-sections under some of the main categories. It's a shame there is not a section on original jackets as in the famous Golden Book and of customers wearing jackets.Where is the guestbook? I know people used it to sell jackets and leave feedback on products.

It's a shame the guestbook has disappaeared. I purchased my B-15 jacket within 24 hours of someone placing a add on there.
The re-issue section has not been updated in months.
Regards,
Wayne.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Big Mistake

Big mistake in their catalog! Under the squadron patches, for the 326th SQ, they show Alley Oop on a green dinosaur, it should be blue! V.T. Hamlin designed the patch along with the 325th, 327th, 407th and the overall 92nd BG, Fames Favored Few. The green dinosaur came after the war, when the group was flying B-36 Peacemakers. Also, there was a guy in the 80s, who took some old flight jackets, B3s I think, and sowed on hand painted patches he made, then cut them off and said they were originals! His dinosaurs were green. Hate people like that! I only criticize, because a Friend of the family flew over 30 missions with the 326th.
326th_Bombardment_Squadron_-_Emblem.png
326th_Bombardment_Squadron_-_SAC_-_Emblem.png

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I decided you are right and sent them an email. At worst they will just dismiss my comments! But hopefully they will do a little research. The collars are in the official Army Air Forces directive on approved squadron patches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR