Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Rough Wear A-2 Flight Jacket size 42

robster59

New in Town
I'm selling my Eastman Rough Wear A-2 jacket. It's a size 42 regular in russet brown horsehide. The jacket is in almost new condition and hardly shows any wear or signs of use as it has only been tried on a few times indoors, as can been seen from the pictures. It is from a nonsmoking home and otherwise has no issues. The wool waist band and cuffs are perfect, as is the lining. The zipper works normally. Eastman Leather has perfectly captured all the nuances of the Rough Wear 42-1401P contract that was worn by Jimmy Stewart in World War II, including the russet brown horsehide, Crown zip, and collar stand.

Measurements are as follows:
pit to pit: 22"
sleeve from shoulder seam to end of wool sleeve cuff: 25.5"
shoulder to shoulder (back of jacket): 18.5"
from top of rear collar to bottom of wool waist cuff: 27.5"
I'm 5'11", 175, wear a size 42R jacket and the jacket fits me well.

These jackets currently sell for $1200 new at HPA. Mine is virtually new and much less, as my asking price is $800. Payment by PayPal and buyer to include $30 for shipping and insurance within the CONUS. The jacket will be shipped fully insured via USPS priority mail. For now I prefer a US sale but might be willing to ship overseas with the understanding that shipping will be a bit more and that the full value of the jacket will be declared on the customs form.

Attachments

• jacket front r.jpg
    jacket front r.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 405
  • jacket back r.jpg
    jacket back r.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 331
  • jacket lining r.jpg
    jacket lining r.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 314
  • pocket r.jpg
    pocket r.jpg