Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Roughwear 1401-P in War Horse, Size 44

Juanito

One of the Regulars
I took this Eastman Roughwear War Horse jacket as a partial trade on the Goodwear Monarch I had listed here about a month ago. According to the previous owner, it was purchased new about 2 years ago. While I have owned a number of Eastman A-2s including a standard Roughwear 1401-P from 1995, I have never seen another of the Eastman War Horse jackets in person, so I don't have much of a comparison, but it looks to be worn very little as evidenced by the near total lack of wear or pilling on the cuffs and waistband, as well as there being very little war on the zipper. As can be seen from the photos, the leather is very grainy and looks like it has had 50 missions already. It is a beautiful jacket. Nipple snaps, sprig loaded Crown zipper, etc.

It fits like a true 44 WWII A-2. About the only “flaw” if you want to call it that is that it had a name tag sewn on it from the previous owner which was removed.

$500 firm shipped anywhere in the US via USPS Priority Mail. I would only be interested in a trade up (I would contribute cash, of course) for original A-2s in a size 44 or 46 or a Goodwear Star or other Goodwear jacket that is somewhat unique. Considering that these sell for $1,180 plus $41 in shipping this is a very fair deal.

Here are the measurements:
Shoulder to shoulder: 19.25”
Pit to pit across the back 23.5”
Pit to pit across the front: 23”
Windflap: 23.75”
Back, collar seam including waistband: 24”
Sleeves: 25"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member