Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EBay 1935 2-piece stroller suit (40" chest, 33" waist), ending today

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Ebay Item 190819254380

This is a 2-piece business suit, comprising a black woollen jacket, a pair of striped trousers and the original complementary wooden coathanger.

The Jacket (Immaculate - one small moth nip - repaired)

Tailored by Masters & Co. (Clothiers) Ltd., originally based in Shropshire in heavy weight black wool.
The cut is a classic 1930's style: highly structured, padded shoulders, high armholes, sculpted waist, short skirt (no rear vent).

Double breasted jacket: 3 pairs of Bakelite buttons, 2-button fastening (plus link button).
Deep lapels (two button holes) and revers with internal metal stiffeners.

Two flapped waist pockets and a chest pocket.
Fully lined with black silk and stripped cotton in the sleeves. One internal pocket.
3-button cuff.

Dimensions
Chest (pit to pit) 40"
Shoulders 18"
Sleeves 24"
Rear seam 28"

The condition is immaculate, there is a tiny moth nip (professionally darned) on the upper arm, but this is barely noticeable. Otherwise, no stains and no smells.

The Trousers (Immaculate)
Also tailored by Masters & Co. (Clothiers) Ltd. from striped heavyweight wool.
Button fly, high waisted with a medium height fishtail back and cut for braces (external buttons impressed with 'Masters & Co. Ltd.).
Two side pockets, one flapped watch pocket and a flapped hip pocket.

Dimensions
Waist 33"
Inside length 30.5" (with an inch to let down)
Outer seam 42.5"

The wooden coathanger bears the legend, 'With Masters & Co.'s Compliments'.

Given to me in the mid 1980s by an elderly family friend for whom it was tailored in 1935 when he owned a retail business, I used this beautiful suit carefully for formal occasions (weddings/graduation ceremonies). It is now time for somebody else to enjoy it.

From a smoke-free home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner