Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay A2, The description is amazing(for an amazing jacket)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I just happened upon this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1940-A-2-Pinup-Girl-Sweet-Lorraine-Military-USAF-Flight-Bomber-Jacket/202003580466?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dfcfea76433a04cf99224c73de5124620%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3
It is the description above all that made me post this link, I don't think its a con but the fault of those magical online translators :)

PS How do I change all that mumbo jumbo above to simply read: Great A2 on eBay

LOL. This is gold. But I'm a sucker for pinnapped girl and bomb jacket. I offered $20k with no return option and insist it be shipped in a paper bag only with stamps and no fancy printed postage label. I would also insist it be shipped without insurance as doing so may alert the carrier to the actual value and increase the likelyhood of theft.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Might US $8,975.00 seem a tad on the pricey side for this item, or am I looking at the wrong thing?
I was bringing attention really to the jacket description. A masterclass in using an online translator such as Google Translate.

The jacket may appear pricy, but then it does look a great jacket and those Japanese at one time would pay the earth to get the best. Worth watching just to see if it sells.
But as I say the description is like something from a far eastern lawn mower instruction manual.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if that's a fair price. Is it?
For that kind of money, you'd think the guy would pay someone a hundred bucks to translate his description correctly (but hey, even companies like Panasonic don't have any native English speakers employed to translate for them).
I wonder what he paid for it?
It kinda reminds me of the time I saw an old mustang parked next to some guys house out in the country. Nature was reclaiming this thing, so I doorsteped this guy and asked him what he wanted for it, and he wanted the price he paid for it new, because 'that's what it's worth'.
I drive past that house a couple of times a year. There's a tree growing through that car now. I bet the price is the same.
Depreciation is not a concept the Japanese seem to understand.
I've seen it many times with semi-abandoned classic cars here.
Still, back to the jacket, yeah GSP, what could go wrong?

I don't know if that's a fair price. Is it?
For that kind of money, you'd think the guy would pay someone a hundred bucks to translate his description correctly (but hey, even companies like Panasonic don't have any native English speakers employed to translate for them).
I wonder what he paid for it?
It kinda reminds me of the time I saw an old mustang parked next to some guys house out in the country. Nature was reclaiming this thing, so I doorsteped this guy and asked him what he wanted for it, and he wanted the price he paid for it new, because 'that's what it's worth'.
I drive past that house a couple of times a year. There's a tree growing through that car now. I bet the price is the same.
Depreciation is not a concept the Japanese seem to understand.
I've seen it many times with semi-abandoned classic cars here.
Still, back to the jacket, yeah GSP, what could go wrong?

Interesting. I've noticed the same thing on Yahoo Auctions but figured it's just 'cause they got a lot more money over there... Why's it so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda