EBay arghh!! ##$&&

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Thuggee, May 23, 2019.

1. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

I’ll give them a call today I know how CS calls work, having attitude getting angry won’t help my case at all, venting here at least allows me to blow off some steam, I don’t like thieves or scammers and my buyer falls into that category, it will be a sad day if eBay sides with the buyer after checking my notes he actually had/wore the jacket 23 days broke the zipper then claimed it was received not as described ( arrived with a faulty zipper) I’ve already lodged a very detailed claim against the buyer so will use that as the basis for my call to CS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

This reminds me of my older, very Christian father ripping into every non-American customer service rep he encounters. Doesn't matter whether the person knows their stuff or not. Doesn't matter if they are helpful and get results or not. He instantly becomes a jerk. It's ridiculous, but we have to remind him to be considerate and respectful. Get results with decency. Probably not with jerkdome. And that person has NOTHING to do with Wall Street outsourcing jobs to other countries where corporations feed on the less fortunate. Guess what generations came up with that idea? His.

El Marro, Fonzie, Guppy and 1 other person like this.
  3. What a terrible way to talk about your own Father then display it here publicly.

JMax likes this.
  4. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Not to mention the thinly veiled insult to Christians. Incredibly loaded statement.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

Perhaps if his father had been a better Christian... and behaved in a manner that merited being spoken of more positively.

felix03, Mich486, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

7. Big J

Big J Call Me a Cab

In Ernest P Shackleton's defense, most of you probably had father's you could look up to and admire, father's that served as role models.
    That's good and normal.
    Some of us didn't.
    Some people had fathers that made us feel sick.
    I spent my whole life thinking 'what would my father do?' and then doing the opposite because I grew up with a role model I could emulate.

8. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Twist it as you like, I thought religion and politics were off limits?

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  9. Big J

Big J Call Me a Cab

Sorry, I meant 'without a role model I could emulate'.
    Edit isn't working.

10. Yes..but I don't care to hear about a poor relationship, displeasure and hateful description of someone's Father here especially in a thread about another topic.

Peacoat likes this.
  11. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

I doubt Ernest P Shackleton was making a serious judgement about his father, lets not overreact.

12. The 'his generation' was another slam too. As if Ernesr P's generation is so much better. I haven't seen one yet that doesn't have quite a downside. I'm 71 and have seen a few. Just seemed like a sad commentary more about Ernest than anything else.

13. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

Nobody's perfect, and I don't expect any father to be. It wasn't hateful. I wasn't being hateful. If...IF...hate has to be applied somewhere here, it stems from the xenophobia. Just being real instead of polishing life like so many do on social media and the internet. I don't feel it was unrelated comment, either. Be nice. Be considerate. Lose the bad attitude. etc. Many, if not most, feel it is a screwed up world. You want a less screwed up world, or a less screwed up situation in this particular instance? Begin at home, within ourselves.

As for it being underhanded against Christians. I'm sorry it read that way. That was not my intention. Again, make the world a better place in your walk, not in your talk. That's was the end-all implication. Peace be to ALL...and all that other positive stuff.

robrinay, Fonzie, Mich486 and 4 others like this.
  14. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I didn’t read it that way, and actually I have been guilty of the same thing before myself when speaking to customer service people I am sorry to say. I don’t think Ernest said anything especially bad about his father here, we all have our good qualities and our not so good ones as well.

Thuggee likes this.
  15. Be a better person. Be nice. be considerate. Don't make it about Daddy.....

16. Big J

Big J Call Me a Cab

Oh, get off his back HD.
    He already explained and apologized. You're just trying to troll him at this point.

felix03 and Fonzie like this.
  17. Oh get off my back. I just think it was uncalled for and needless in this thread no matter how he tries to clarify it...or what you may think.

18. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

errr... this is very off the track

not that i have parent I can feel proud about, but let's not get into it

El Marro and Thuggee like this.
  19. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I don't see much here to be offended about in either direction unless you insist on reading into the comments with specific interpretations. The point Earnest raised was fair but maybe the detail was too much. People don't always behave approximately to others when they should know better and economic restructure creates significant anger. Where we get into dangerous territory is when we try to describe how this works and what the solutions might be.

Ebay is is risky place sometimes and I have also been victim of buyers who lied. I had to refund the buyer but Ebay paid me off in the end to keep the peace. Good luck Thuggee.

ProteinNerd, seres, El Marro and 3 others like this.
  20. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

I dislike the modern mentality in online business where lie and scheming is part of the game and if someone fell for it then he is the dumb one as if honesty and believing that everyone is honest until be proofing wrong has no part in modern life. look at the daily instagram fake ads people are openly tricked to buy from fake online shop. or the classic photo/ prototype don't match the actual item.

Monitor and ProteinNerd like this.