Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay can be ridiculous!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ROC...6t1WCD3RV4s0ny1jntkCQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

WOW!!!!! Unbelievable price. If they had been 1940's Florsheim specs, it could be understandable. BUT, over $400 for 1980's Florsheim reproductions?????? I wonder if the buyer will eventually post them here as a "fantastic vintage find". Reminds me of the buyer who posted reproductions of Marc C's 1920's Art Deco Florsheims. At least he got them for a song. More than can be said for this guy.

Metatron

One Too Many
My favourite ebay absurdity is that you can get a Swedish snow smock for about £15, but for a Nigel Cabourn reproduction... well. ;)

kat-talk

New in Town
What a price but ....how many people bidded over 200$???
There are few of them ...wish to have couple of pairs to sell them ;)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ROC...6t1WCD3RV4s0ny1jntkCQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

WOW!!!!! Unbelievable price. If they had been 1940's Florsheim specs, it could be understandable. BUT, over $400 for 1980's Florsheim reproductions?????? I wonder if the buyer will eventually post them here as a "fantastic vintage find". Reminds me of the buyer who posted reproductions of Marc C's 1920's Art Deco Florsheims. At least he got them for a song. More than can be said for this guy.

The shoes are maybe 1970-1980? No Elvis and no Sun Records, closer to K-Marts! lol!

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Certainly not as old or as represented. Ask for extra pictures and get the details. Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
In this regard, their are swiss company's that bid on examples of vintage products at the "Christies" type elite auction houses.
Allegedly they want the item for research or a example for their company museum or archives.
Certainly this is not to promote their brand or create a greater interest in their product?

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have seen a few shoes that looked similar to those on eBay, seems they remind me of some not so expensive plastic ballroom shoes or wedding rental shoes. Not really super bad, but they have a thin whimpy sole and are made more than like cheap Stacy Adams shoes that are hung over from the last office party

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
True, I hope the new owner of those shoes will purchase some "shoo goop" to keep them glued together after wearing them often. lol! They should be able to afford the glue seeing as how much they had in their budget to purchase the shoes.

YETI

A-List Customer
While These Went For a Song IMO...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...BhpL2KP%2BXRFo2YaMIOI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

8427374545_082b75f8ce.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails