Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebbets Field Flannels 1934 US All-Star Japan Tour Jacket used in "The Catcher Was A Spy" New Movie

CBI

One Too Many
New Paul Rudd WW2 movie, "The Catcher Was A Spy" about OSS agent and Pro-Baseball player Moe Berg. I ordered one of these jackets:

U.S. Tour Of Japan 1934 Authentic Jacket

(not arrived yet) but own another similar EFF authentic jacket (Chicago American Giants) and lots of other EFF items...........all GREAT stuff. If the cost looks like a lot for a "varsity" jacket these EFF jackets are on a different level...........excellent quality.

Check out this video:

1934 Baseball Tour of Japan - Jimmie Foxx Home Movies

you will need to scroll through it a bit but there is a snippet of Moe Berg wearing his 1934 All Star jacket and the same jacket today at the Baseball Hall of Fame. Ebbets nailed the repro (minus not quite correct buttons) and in my view the fit. My other EFF authentic jackets tend to have large-ish arm holes and I was not sure how accurate that cut was/is (and to a certain degree don't care) but it was interesting to see Moe Berg's jacket worn by him and how large the arm holes were and loose fit. The photo with Paul Rudd wearing looks like a similar cut

The jacket is on-sale right now at EFF. They are made to order.

Since I was accused of this when highlighting another company recently, NO, I DON'T WORK FOR EFF, this is not an advert. It's just cool to see video of a vintage jacket in the day, see it as it is today and then a fine quality repro all in one stream............

CBI

One Too Many
Ebbets supplied the tour uniforms for the movie. Trailer for the film shows Rudd during WW2 wearing some sort of leather jacket, can't tell what kind? A-2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner