Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eight Men Out/Chicago Black Sox baseball uniform

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
*Like I don't have enough crap going already*.....Does anyone here have any references for vintage baseball uniform patterns, circa 1917-1920?

I have flirted with creating a Chicago Black Sox uniform (ala the 1988 John Sayle's movie Eight Men Out), as I have several custom-made vintage baseball bats from Phoenix Bat Company, 3 Akadema repop gloves, and a couple of 1919 White Sox repop wool ball caps from Cooperstown Caps (and an autographed photo of John Cusack/Buck Weaver-:) )....just about everything I need to replicate the uniforms. I ran across several yards of nice vintage-looking white/black pinstriped wool locally that might work, but I'd like to find a deadball-era uniform pattern reference, before I spring for the materials....

emo_4.jpg

eight-men-out_l.jpg

Any ideas?
Rob

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Can't help you, but I am very intrigued. Good luck, and be sure to post pics when done.

I've been looking for authentic 1930s-40s baseball caps, but have struck out since the demise of Cooperstown Ball Cap Co. I don't see anywhere on Phoenix Bat Company's site where they make or sell hats. Do you have any leads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko