Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Endpaper options and pincurl pin questions

Myn

New in Town
Would it be possible to make endpapers for rag curls out of old sheets or this very thin old knit t-shirt I have? I mean, I know you all aren't going to reach out from the computer and stop me, but would it keep my hair from drying, say overnight, if I used that instead of tissue paper? And what size should I cut them?

Also, can anyone show a picture of what pincurl pins actually look like? I know I'm not supposed to use bobby pins because they leave a line, but beyond that I don't know what to get.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Myn said:
Would it be possible to make endpapers for rag curls out of old sheets or this very thin old knit t-shirt I have? I mean, I know you all aren't going to reach out from the computer and stop me, but would it keep my hair from drying, say overnight, if I used that instead of tissue paper? And what size should I cut them?

Probably not the best idea, as it will add extra bulk to your curls and will retain water, keeping your hair damp.

Also, can anyone show a picture of what pincurl pins actually look like? I know I'm not supposed to use bobby pins because they leave a line, but beyond that I don't know what to get.

Please take a look in the pincurl thread. There's a lot of information in there that should answer all of your questions. You should use double-pronged curl clips like this:

SBS-292503

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I get better results with bobby pins than with pincurl clips, atleast for flat pincurls.
So don't be afraid of committing pincurl sacrilege, just do what works best for you :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If your hair is super straight and fine, you might see a line from regular bobby pins - but I have never had the problem. There are curved ones, they would be more comfortable to sleep in.
And I have heard people say they use squares of toilet tissue as endpapaers, after all, they are the right size and the right price!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot