Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Creeping Past, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

I believe you are right. That’s a pity unfortunately.

2. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Viberg still look new. Need to send to Dav to break’em in

Attached Files:

Dav and Bfd70 like this.
  3. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

He uses a special conditioner. 50% dog drool 50% field mud.

Dav likes this.
  4. Kamotejoe

Kamotejoe New in Town

@Boyo I'm an 8.5/9. Gonna pretend like I own a bitchin' pair of Engineers by following this thread.

Dav likes this.
  5. Edward

Edward Bartender

There's a guy in Beijing makes the most beautiful co-respondents; a colleague over there once helped me get a pair. Took three meaurements, they were ready two weeks later. I might well get some more in future - alas, mine are on borrowed time as a carpet-beetle got to them... I often thought that if someone with the language skills could work with such a talented craftsman, they coulsd supply really well made stuff to us in the West at a very affordable price while still getting the producer a very fair wage. I'm keen on a bargain, but also fair trade! If that could be done honestly, it could be very successful. I'm surprised it hasn't begun to happen in the boto world yet, but I guess that's smaller than that for leather jackets, and people are even more wary abouyt correct fit and such...

Stunning. These are the Wescos?

6. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Thanks, they're Role Clubs

7. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Edward likes this.
  8. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

What's a ballpark price on Role Club engineer boots? Nothing indicates this on Brian's website.
    (I wonder specifically about a pair in the brown Horween horsehide)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  9. Dav

Dav One Too Many

$1250, a bit less for steer and I assume a lot more for shell cordovan.

Cornelius likes this.
  10. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

Pretty cool right?! Hop over to the classifieds and they can be yours (shameless plug sorry :p)

2A7F183A-086C-4DA5-9FF7-D8885E9476FE.jpeg

BobHufford likes this.
  11. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Those are super but that is a tough size.

Mich486 likes this.
  12. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

B78A1FDE-5E35-4699-9C33-BB208F4BABEC.jpeg
    Three months on

El Marro likes this.
  13. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

8BBA66ED-110F-47CE-AA56-5709EDBA3E52.jpeg 0D177D12-AA71-4007-9E1F-38FFABCA5981.jpeg 8BBA66ED-110F-47CE-AA56-5709EDBA3E52.jpeg
    Showing some base color in high wear areas.

Attached Files:

14. Cornelius

^ Who's the maker on these?

15. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

John Lofgren. I am very happy with them. I think there are many good options out there but from my limited experience this last works the best for me.

Cornelius likes this.
  16. Cornelius

Nice, thanks. Too bad S&S never offers his boots in a 12.5 or 13EE

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

That sounds like a tough size to find. Where r u on the great lakes?

18. jpto

jpto New in Town

Price is a bit higher these days, I ordered a pair last year $1,350 for horsehide - I think the wait time now is at least a year maybe more

Dav likes this.
  19. Cornelius

It is! Very difficult to find footwear wide enough for the ball of my foot, and most wide sizes seem built on the assumption one also has enormous cankles... which I do not. I hope to save up for a custom pair of Russell Moccasin boots, measured in person at their shop up in Wisconsin, but that purchase is a ways off. Right now wearing brown Corcoran jump boots as the Munson Last is ideal for me, and this model is routinely stocked in 13EE with no up-charge. Unfortunately, being 10" high with no speed lace studs, it also means I need about 15 minutes to put on or take off my shoes, which pisses off the dog every morning & also made for some awkward party entries during the holiday season. It'd be great to have some slip-on Engineer boots in my size, but this thread is making that sound like a $600-$1200 investment(!).

Re: Great Lakes, during the work week I'm in La Villita, down by County, but out in the Dunes most weekends as it gets a bit gunny 'round here (77 people shot in the neighborhood last year [but only 14 fatally - hooray Chicago trauma surgeons!], and I can recall at least three people shot on my very block in the past few years).

20. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

I really like the look of Role Club and want to support his business but I’m apprehensive to wait 12 months for a pair of boots only to find the fit is a little off. I exchanged several emails with Wesco (they were awesome) and sent them custom measurements. They replied that the numbers i sent didnt match up with what i currently wear fit wise. In the end I chose not to buy boots sight unseen or tried that i can’t return.