Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Creeping Past, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

Absolutely. If I had the coin to buy Role Club, it'd be worth flying out to LA to be measured by the maker in person. I have people to visit out there anyhow so there's an easy excuse.

2. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

I get it. Deal with the same here. Sadly 150 yards from my front door this Sunday. Makes me want to move far away. I spend some time in Burns harbor over the summer.
    You are close enough that a visit to Alcalas would certainly be worth while. I’d bet $.05 you could find some nice Chippewa or Wesco boss in your size on the shelf.

Cornelius likes this.
  3. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I just measured my feet up, sent them off to Brian and waited, without looking at them again. First pair took 17 months to arrive and are perfect. Second pair, took 4 months and although made to the same measurements the one is just a touch tighter than the other, mainly when putting them on, it doesn't notice once worn but there is a difference.

Cornelius likes this.
  4. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

hmm... I hadn't thought about Alcala's carrying engineer boots. I'll check that out - was just next door at the spice shop on Saturday.

Edit: I didn't realize Alacala's had a website. They do indeed stock Wesco in a 13EE, but only in black & with a heavy tread. Would come to about $649 with sales tax. At that price point I'd rather try ordering custom White's Nomad or Wesco's Boss via Baker's Boots and get them in brown, with an unstructured toe, flatter sole & lower heel. Thanks for the tip though!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  5. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Saw these in person. They’re nice.
    https://www.alcalas.com/p/chippewa-27911

Cornelius likes this.
  6. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Wesco Mr. Lou
    44B94065-EEB8-425E-8F47-24A329A51428.jpeg

About 20 hours in.. starting to get comfortable

7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I really like the Standard and Strange x Wesco “Knuckle Draggers”, but do you think I could get them in British Tan?
    Is Wesco open to this kind of thing at a reasonable price?

8. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@handymike.. I would think you could spec a boot like the knuckle dragger direct from Wesco ( or bakers boots) in the leather you want.

Edward and handymike like this.
  9. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

@Boyo with the recent postings in the classifieds I figured you were leaving the engineer game. Nice pick up. I think the Mr. Lous are the nicest looking release lately. Too bad that MP toe kills me.

Boyo likes this.
  10. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Nah, I’m still in it, just a downsize.. ideally just 1 black pair, 1 brown.
    I’m still sitting on the Brown Road Champs, natty Lofgrens, the Attractions and these Wesco’s.. I’d still like to move at least one pair on, but not much action. I guess I value them higher then the market does.

11. Dav

Dav One Too Many

As most of you know I do tend to wear my boots in wet muddy fields a lot, thing is though good leather can take it and with a quick polish we're back in the town. IMG_20200217_075643.jpg
    These have just had a buff with black overlaid with burgundy, so should lighten beautifully with wear

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Boyo, handymike, tropicalbob and 8 others like this.
  12. Edward

Edward Bartender

Are they the Role Clubs? I've never seen that variant of finish before, very cool. Oxbloodcore? I am often in two minds about teacore, but that really appeals.

Dav likes this.
  13. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Sorry I forgot that bit, yes they are. They're colour 8 burgundy, not shell, that I cleaned yesterday using black polish with a coat of burgundy over the top, so hopefully they'll have a teacore effect as they wear, must say I'm rather pleased with the result.

Edward likes this.
  14. Edward

Edward Bartender

Interesting - I've been thinking of trying that with my SJC engineers as the oxblood in those is just a little lighter than I'd have preferred.

15. Dav

Dav One Too Many

A quick snap of them on IMG_20200218_104900.jpg

Boyo, handymike, Edward and 2 others like this.
  16. Edward

Edward Bartender

Very nice. I remember a pair of tan boots I had (not engineers) years ago, which I habitually polished with a Kiwi borwn a shade or two darker than the boots. Gave them a nice depth of colour and something of a 'show-through' in areas of high wear. Not quite as pronounced as teacore for obvious reasons, but avery nice, subtle effect.

17. glider

glider One of the Regulars

I don't mind paying for something I want and I don't mind paying for quality. However, sometimes I find something that I really like that is good quality at a very reasonable price. Carolina boots are like that, my engineers were 160, well made and fit great. I wish they made them in more than 1 color.

18. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Mister Freedom Road Champs

7B36E856-36B9-4CDC-BB4D-9077C900147C.jpeg

19. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

Phigvel 1930s model

77A35E8B-1D9E-4151-B0E4-452249985FEB.jpeg

20. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Now we’re gettin somewhere
    Lofgren
    B67576F9-F95B-4E81-9AC8-A6D38BC1F84F.jpeg

handymike, Mich486, Dav and 3 others like this.