Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Put some miles on these so they were ready for an oil change. Cleaned them and hit em with a little conditioner.

CUcO3l2.jpg

kHKdPaW.jpg
Those pretty much look perfect.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Just got an unexpected out for delivery notice. I’ve never had a delivery from “parcel force” before. Hope signature is not required.

Attachments

• 7BE8826A-5903-4ACF-B6CA-3A7724E426AA.jpeg
    7BE8826A-5903-4ACF-B6CA-3A7724E426AA.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 504

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Delivery attempted. Not there to receive. Go home at lunch. Track down the carrier. Get boots package from him on the street. Go back to work. Open box. Don’t fit. Ordered from UK. Said they were UK sized. Have the same boots in another colorway purchased from the US. Communicated with the seller. Seemed that he thought I needed to size down. Not the case. This is going to get expensive with all of the shipping.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Delivery attempted. Not there to receive. Go home at lunch. Track down the carrier. Get boots package from him on the street. Go back to work. Open box. Don’t fit. Ordered from UK. Said they were UK sized. Have the same boots in another colorway purchased from the US. Communicated with the seller. Seemed that he thought I needed to size down. Not the case. This is going to get expensive with all of the shipping.
appreciate the field report!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Return shipping $75. I have requested the vendor immediately dispatch a replacement pair as I feel the sizing advice given was clearly erroneous. We’ll see. Breath not held.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Sorry about this misfortunate experance! Never fun when boots do not fit, especially ordering from another country.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
On a positive note the too small size looked really great and I’m anxious to get in a pair.
Side note:
I’ve learned through the engineer boot journey that my instep is low. I know i have pretty flat feet but i think they lack overall “volume” as well proportional to their size. Many people have trouble getting into new boots. I do not. This pair 1 size too small for me was perfect in the instep. Unfortunately i had to curl my toes to stand.

regius

I found the RoleClub to be visually more resembling of the vintage boots seen in The Wild One probably because of the narrower heel Brian uses, the height is the same as standard but it is a stubbier in sagittal dimension. See photo, both Wesco and Viberg, and Whites, are bigger.

Attachments

• 135D1D36-B97C-476D-9DAE-74DA8D6F70FA.jpeg
    135D1D36-B97C-476D-9DAE-74DA8D6F70FA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 422
  • 728B0773-485D-4B1C-9A00-945EA5CB79B6.jpeg
    728B0773-485D-4B1C-9A00-945EA5CB79B6.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 498

Edward

Bartender

The giveaway they wre coming from the UK is "Parcelforce". They're the carrier linked to Royal Mail, and deal in larger parcels that RM don't (hence the name).

FWIW, as a matter of UK (EU-sourced) consumer law, you havean absolute right to return non-perishable goods and ask for your money back, for any reason. If, however, the reason for return is that they have sent you the wrong or a defective product, they really should be paying the return shipping charge. (Enforcing this from your distancemight be another matter, but worth a go.) Whether they refund or replace ahead of receipt of the original pair will be up to the company policy.

I found the RoleClub to be visually more resembling of the vintage boots seen in The Wild One probably because of the narrower heel Brian uses, the height is the same as standard but it is a stubbier in sagittal dimension. See photo, both Wesco and Viberg, and Whites, are bigger.

I have often thought some of the American boots have gone a touch more cowboy heel than was original. My Chippewas look to have a much more 'accurate' shape than the much curvier ones on my Redwings (2268).

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Edward. I knew they were coming from the UK (well known seller). I just didnt know who would handle delivery once it hit the US. Turns out it was USPS.
Not defective. There was just some confusion regarding sizing. Japanese maker. I’ve purchased the same boots in the US. This vendor was specific that they were UK sized. I asked if i should order one size down from the pair purchased in the us market. The answer seemed to be yes but this was clearly not the case.
I returned them thurs and let the vendor know i was a bit disappointed. Crickets. We’ll see.

regius

The bigger heel feels definitely more balanced on the ground and less pressure upwards, this is expected as it’s physics. Now I am curious if I opt for the additional 0.75” higher heel on a custom Wesco, would they decrease the heel cap size? Otherwise it’s be a very big heel in all dimensions

kenucklehead

Familiar Face
Roll call of my collection of engineers

1. Boots I made, ver.2 (Chromexcel horsehide with Japanese buckles, neoprene cord sole, catspaw heels)

2. Viberg natural Chromexcel, relasted by Baker’s

3. Boots I made ver.1 (learning project)

4. John Lofgren engineers

5. Wesco 11” unlined

6. Wesco 16” lined

Attachments

• 6EA756CF-5C2E-4941-8791-98F99E6118CA.jpeg
    6EA756CF-5C2E-4941-8791-98F99E6118CA.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 563
  • 06CB99AB-61FC-49FC-9C10-6AF276FCF13A.jpeg
    06CB99AB-61FC-49FC-9C10-6AF276FCF13A.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 516
  • 95DBBBFE-235E-42CC-91C0-56876512A6F1.jpeg
    95DBBBFE-235E-42CC-91C0-56876512A6F1.jpeg