Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
If you don't watch your budget you can spend as much on these.

I know exactly what you mean. I have em pegged at about $650 right now. Charge ups to include: 10" height, double midsoles, 705 half soles, 2" extra length on instep strap, and black fire leather. Already ordered a set of Johns brass roller buckles :)

If I'm willing to go with no half soles (just leather soles), standard black leather and stock 11" height I can drive the price down to under $600, but I'm not sure I'm willing to do that... I really like the look of the 10" height, and everyone and their dog seem to prefer black fire leather. (The half soles are easiest nix for me, especially because of the fact that they only carry em in brown- but then again I live in the soggy NW so I may end up resoling them in 6mos!) What's a guy to do?

Last edited:

Ishmael

Practically Family
If any one is interested in Lofgrens, John is doing another run! Now in half sizes. No 13, but all the big feet guys might give JL a mail and see if he'll do it.
Below is the message John posted on his FB site the other day....

We're now accepting orders for MAY DELIVERY of the John Lofgren & Co. engineer boots in Horween's Chromexcel leather. You can choose between black or brown. We are offering them in sizes 7 to 12 and now you can get them in 1/2 sizes. Wanted them before but we didn't make 11.5? Not a problem now. I'm very grateful of the popularity which has warranted us making 1/2 size lasts. You can purchase from our website or Rakuten site, or simply email us directly at info@speedway-shop.com. I understand that times are still tough for many out there so if it helps we will accept 50% deposit and you can pay the remainder when we are ready to ship them out to you. Price is 79800 JPY plus shipping. Please check one of the several currency exchange rate websites on the net to see what it is in your local currency. With the recent weakening of the yen the boots costs about 15% less than what they did the first batch we made. Please direct all inquiries to the shop at info@speedway-shop.com Thanks

Ishmael

Practically Family
^^ You should send John a mail. I've seen quite a few guys on different forums looking for Lofgrens in 13. Maybe John just hasn't heard enough yet from the big feet guys of the world!

kyboots

Practically Family
I am still not aware that Lofgrens have ever been made in size 13. I have even mailed John at Mr Freedom several times over the past two years with my .mil email, but still can't convince them one to make them. I will order and pay upfront. Does it work to plead? Is this a money loosing size? I would honestly like to know as there are a lot of us now with big feet especially in the US. In other shoes and boots these sizes sell out fast. Several of us who participate here on TFL are at least 13's. Maybe we need a questionaire on everyones boot size?? Please send me connections to the errors of my ways!. John

Ishmael

Practically Family
We seem to have had a miscommunication. I'm pretty sure Lofgrens have never been made in 13. My suggestion was to mail John and plead for a size 13 last, if you're interested in them. He's in the process of commissioning half size lasts, so it would be an opportune time to bang out a 13. I guess he just needs to hear from you guys.

Ishmael

Practically Family
For all the Sasquatches out there, John Lofgren said he would do a size 13 last if he can get at least 3 orders. The soles will probably have to be leather (no vibram half sole large enough). But I will tell you the leather soles look pretty darn nice.

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
For all the Sasquatches out there, John Lofgren said he would do a size 13 last if he can get at least 3 orders. The soles will probably have to be leather (no vibram half sole large enough). But I will tell you the leather soles look pretty darn nice.

Should let JV over at Vintage Engineer Boot Blog know - he'll spread the word.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
If anyone is interested in some Toys McCoy Becks sz 10, pm me. Decided they're not gonna work for me :(

illumin8em

A-List Customer
If anyone is interested in some Toys McCoy Becks sz 10, pm me. Decided they're not gonna work for me :(

Too bad they didn't work out for you, we all were drooling over them across the forums. I would be interested my friend, if they fit on the large end of a size 10. But I do not believe that to be true from what I have read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran