Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

eric55

New in Town
Here are my new custom Viberg engineer boots, after a first day of wear. I had been thinking of a pair of Nomads but there were some concerns I had regarding the width of the shafts and the inability to request certain custom options that made me choose Vibergs (in addition to the fact they are top quality boots made in Canada).

viberg1.jpg

viberg2.jpg

viberg3.jpg

viberg4.jpg
Those are real nice can you tell us the options you choose? how long it it take from the order to shipment? and of course are they comfortable?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Nice Viberg's! I was very tempted by a pair myself, but ended up going another route. So my question is, are boots considered outerwear or general attire? ;P

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Nice Viberg's! I was very tempted by a pair myself, but ended up going another route. So my question is, are boots considered outerwear or general attire? ;P

I think we need a section called "Manly Stuff". Leather jackets, boots, denim, whiskey, cigars, etc.

53Effie

A-List Customer
The Viberg's look great. I really like them. We don't see many of those here it seems to me. How tall are they?

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Does anyone here have Frye Rand boots? They seem like a cheaper version that still has the patrolman's toe that looks so well on the White's and Wesco's. One of the Frye models still made in the USA too.

kenucklehead

Familiar Face
Sorry, my bad. I had followed this thread for my decision making so my instinct was to post here. It seems this thread had moved on from just being a White's thread so...

kenucklehead

Familiar Face
They're 9" tall. I typically get 11 or 14" but thought I'd go a bit shorter for more casual, everyday wear and for warmer weather. I'm liking the height.

kenucklehead

Familiar Face
They're 9" tall with longer instep straps, Vibram 700 sole (to get the stacked look for the heel), and a natural washed finish for the heels. Standard engineer last with a natural cut at the top (rather than rolled in). I really wanted a pair with this type of leather so I'm very happy with them. Fits like a glove with no break-in time... comfortable from day one.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I am confused - it appears that a few threads got merged in my absence (including my White's Nomad Engineer thread).

Anyhow, great looking Vibergs, Kenucklehead. I would love a pair of Vibergs, but the price has kept me away. Do you mind sharing what yours cost? I have a pain threshold of about $500 for boots and I think the most I have spent so far is $460. I love my Wescos and especially my White's. As soon as I recover from some other purchases I want a pair of black White's Nomads (unless they are finally willing to do a two-tone pair). :)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Jimmer, yeah I think the bartender took some liberties.

Custom Vibergs run approx $700, depending on the build. Theyre stock 9" high, black oil tan, no roller buckles for approx $475. From there though the upcosts get a bit ridiculous; but people love em. I chose to go the way of the Wescos, thanks in big part to guys like you. Am big time eying their 2030 last Service Boots, but at about $750, I just don't think it's worth it. (Especially, considering the apparent mass exodus of Road Champs on the secondhand market these days!)

Last edited:

kenucklehead

Familiar Face
Yeah, let's just say I splurged a bit to get the exact boots I wanted, with the options I wanted. If you go with their stock engineers, they're more reasonable. These boots will be with me for the rest of my life so I bit the bullet and paid more. I would order their stock engineers next time. Build quality is excellent and I literally have not had a single blister from day one. Been wearing them every day since I got them a few days ago. Trying to get them looking somewhat broken in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112