Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I agree the Vibergs are good looking boots, would like a pair myself. Breton what is the exodus with Road Champs? I have been on a high and not paid any attention.
Ky, I've just been seeing them up for sale on forums and ebay like mad lately (all at about $600). Would have picked a pair up 2-3 mos ago, but ended up buying another jacket with the funds...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Good question; my guess is the latter. They came to the realization that they paid a grand for boots that they're not that into. Oh well, good time to be in the market! IMHO they're the best looking boot on the market, and going off of John's (VEB) rave reviews, I'm gonna guess they're worth every penny- all the better at 30-40% off tho, right? :)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I saw those 10's on ebay, those are close for me... whats the feeling on sizing?? they are said to run about a 1/2 size big.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I saw those 10's on ebay, those are close for me... whats the feeling on sizing?? they are said to run about a 1/2 size big.

That's my understanding. But then I've seen some say theyre TTS, so I dunno. My feeling with all leather footwear is go fitted and trust that they'll stretch a bit. Seems like every time I get some that feel slightly big, I regret it later. Boots aren't as easy to shrink as are say leather jackets and denim jeans :D

Last edited:

53Effie

A-List Customer
I wear a 10d in almost everything. That is the size I got in the Road Champ boots and they are just right. Mister Freedom staff thought I might need to go down to a 9.5 but for me I think that would have been too small. I imagine there are individual factors in the fit, but mine are TTS at a 10.

kyboots

Practically Family
Guys you know I am conservative with size and still feel I want my boots slightly big than slightly small. Just wear thicker socks or an insole. I even talked with John two years ago about a 13, because this is a pair I would like to have. Just cool boots! Cool adds, cool everything but if I am paying that kind of money they are going to be very close to my real size. I have seen too many basic trainees with small boots and what they did. This forum and one other talked about buying them one whole size smaller, but I could not do that at this time at these prices. My Wesco's and Sendras and I hope Whites are true to size. I would love a pair of RoadChamps, but they have to be 13's. ( 53 you guys played a good game in the Midwest )

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hey all - I haven't posted here in a bit. I need to take some pictures of the progress my boots have taken as they break in. Perhaps some time this week. The "distressed" leather on my White's Nomad boots is breaking in nicely.

I finally broke down and took my Julian made RRL's to a shoe repair place for a professional stretching. I am impressed with the results - they are MUCH easier to ull on now. I stretched them myself at home previously, but they were still difficult to get on and off. If you have a pair, I highly recommend getting this done. Surprisingly, they still have virtually no heel lift. In any case, it was well worth the $10 it cost to have it done.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Glad to have you back, Jimmer- Looking forward to some update pics :)

I'd say that was $10 of investment compared to the pain and suffering of letting em go at a $100-200 loss!

gomez

New in Town
gomez, Nice spit shine on those... i can see my reflection..how long have you had them?
Thank you, a little less than a month now. I probably have about 10-15 wears on them they are still a little tough to get on and off but they are definitely loosening up.

Last edited:

gomez

New in Town
Thank you, Just get a hold of Zip Stevenson over at the Hollywood Trading CO and he would be happy to help. He actually called me to talk about them, his design influences, what set them apart from other engineer boots etc. was a really great conversation. Who else does quadruple stitching on the heal counter? or thinks to incorporate their logo into the toe vamp and strap stitching. I am really quite happy with them. I have no idea what kind of leather they used but it smells amazing too.

Edward

Bartender
Can a guy who doesn't ride pull off wearing engineer boots??

I like to think I do! I don't think they're really viewed as 'biker wear' these days, any more than a Perfecto is, or than people expect you to be a pilot because you wear an A2. They're so far removed from what folks are used to seeing bikers were now - at least over here - that they're as likely to assume you're wearing some form of cowboy boots.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Gomez, those are killer! I've been eyeing some of Zip's work. Can you talk about the ordering process?

Btw- got a message from Wesco today: my custom PTs are in production!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana