Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice did they come with leather insoles?

Yes, leather insoles. Received the Road Champ the other day, fits very nicely, doesn't lift, athough at first the flat toe box press down on my big toe nail a bit, but stretched very quickly, the brown leather is like beef, very thick and sturdy, almost olive color. The Attractions also arrived, size 8 was a bit roomy, but with insole it's better, still lift a bit, this is due to design, not size. Will try a pair of 7.5 next. Red Wing 2268 also arrived today, very stiff but comfortable, can't feel the steel toe at all, problem is, it lifts! This is not like the Work Americas, weird.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
wow. Two epic pairs of boots. I prefer the Road Champs simply because they are brown, but the Attractions are gorgeous.

regius

The Attractions look like WW2 Japanese army boots (just a rough guess, I've not seen a real pair of Japanese army boots), but the profile look very military, instead of motorcycle or 1930s.

Blackadder

The Attractions look like WW2 Japanese army boots (just a rough guess, I've not seen a real pair of Japanese army boots), but the profile look very military, instead of motorcycle or 1930s.

According to Attractions, they are inspired by 40s-50s boots (engineer boots?).
http://attractions.cart.fc2.com/ca77/1527/

Yours are the Lot 268 horsehide same as mine save for the buckles, right?
I notice the distinctive grains and personally, I think the the grains on these better than the Horween Horsehide special edition.

Last edited:

regius

Blackadder, I really like these "cracking" grains, very badass. The horsebutt leather is just amazing, so tough, dense and has started showing wavy creases, and it's not as heavy as the Horween horse, however, the Buco is also Horween horse and not as heavy, so being Horween doesn't equal to heavy. Maybe only the oil-pull cowhide used on the Wesco and Original Chippewa burgundy are heavy due to the oil.

Just bought a brand new 1956 Red Wing catalogue, back then they have so many models of engineer boots, steel toe, non-steel toe, high heel, low heel, many to choose from (as long as they are not the same last), one pair lift, try a different pair, not like today, only the 2269 and 2990.

Blackadder

Blackadder, I really like these "cracking" grains, very badass. The horsebutt leather is just amazing, so tough, dense and has started showing wavy creases, and it's not as heavy as the Horween horse, however, the Buco is also Horween horse and not as heavy, so being Horween doesn't equal to heavy. Maybe only the oil-pull cowhide used on the Wesco and Original Chippewa burgundy are heavy due to the oil.

Just bought a brand new 1956 Red Wing catalogue, back then they have so many models of engineer boots, steel toe, non-steel toe, high heel, low heel, many to choose from (as long as they are not the same last), one pair lift, try a different pair, not like today, only the 2269 and 2990.
Oh yes, already received much praise from friends on the wavy crease.
The Horween Chrome excel on my Lonewolf is significantly softer than my Horween CXL White's and my Horween CXL Danner (all cowhide). I guess Horween provides different weight and type of CXL according to customer's specs.
I am unable to fit into the D width Red Wing 2268 2269 unless going up a size and that would be too long, so I have given up on the Red Wing. Wish they would make some E width engineer like Chippewa. Saw the Japanese edition Teacore 2268 in Tokyo as well but for the reason above, did not try them on.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Just placed an order for custom Boss - Burgundy, Harness toe and 430 soles. As it's a minimum 14 week delivery, I'm getting them sent to my US holiday hotel in early July and saving a packet in international delivery and customs fees.

Now the long wait...:sleep:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Just placed an order for custom Boss - Burgundy, Harness toe and 430 soles. As it's a minimum 14 week delivery, I'm getting them sent to my US holiday hotel in early July and saving a packet in international delivery and customs fees.

Smart. Vacation and saving on boots at the same time.

regius

WDW, what is that Irvin you are wearing? Looks so nice, not so bulky, and looks like Devon fleece? Eastman?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana