Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Edward

Bartender
Ah, the new sleeve shape and everything? I've seen a couple of them, and they look great. There was previously something a bit off about the sleeve shape (oddly so, as their B3s always looked right to me), but Ken and John (Lever) really reworked it well.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Regius, it's an Aero Pre-War, latest Aero design. Just their standard new thinner fleece.

Wow, new, ok, so if i buy a stock jacket, it will be based on the new pattern? how long is the wait for a sheepskin these days? how's the quality? i had a D-1 that the horsehide strip ripped off at points.

wdw

One Too Many
Wow, new, ok, so if i buy a stock jacket, it will be based on the new pattern? how long is the wait for a sheepskin these days? how's the quality? i had a D-1 that the horsehide strip ripped off at points.

I assume the stock jackets will be the new pattern as they've been out since early last year, I think. Aero will confirm.

No issues with quality at all, as you'd expect.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Just got my new Whites' Nomads today. Wearing them now for a ride on the bike. Will post some pics tomorrow. Great quality, and the arch support is....interesting.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Just got my new Whites' Nomads today. Wearing them now for a ride on the bike. Will post some pics tomorrow. Great quality, and the arch support is....interesting.

Jealous... no riding in the near or distant future. The weather pattern we're stuck in currently in the Northeast is horrendous.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Breaking in an engineer boots by riding a bike, how's that gonna work the outsole, the shank and crease the ankle? When I'm tasked to break in a new pair, i can't wait to have a day off from work so i don't have to drive a car and sit in the office, so that i can walk around town, just walk and walk, kick the side walks, squat, picking up some rocks... ;)

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Breaking in an engineer boots by riding a bike, how's that gonna work the outsole, the shank and crease the ankle? When I'm tasked to break in a new pair, i can't wait to have a day off from work so i don't have to drive a car and sit in the office, so that i can walk around town, just walk and walk, kick the side walks, squat, picking up some rocks... ;)

Well I hope I will be able to wear them for more than one day and for more than one purpose. ;)

Boots like these are like heavy leather jackets: they will take many months of wear and tear in a wide variety of settings to really settle them in. The good news is that I feel these boots are worth spending the time with.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Any new boots pictures? Hey! Australia any new arrivals?

Mate, I wish there was! I have been waiting for my remake since about September...I tried to change the colour before Xmas, and got told they were already marked out to make etc etc...anyway, approaching mid feb and nothing.....

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Mate, I wish there was! I have been waiting for my remake since about September...I tried to change the colour before Xmas, and got told they were already marked out to make etc etc...anyway, approaching mid feb and nothing.....

You'd think if they said you were to late to change the color back in December that they would be done by now...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
You'd think if they said you were to late to change the color back in December that they would be done by now...

Yeah I know. It was actually just before December....at the time, I thought that's ok, they are on the way....either way, they will look pretty cool and it's something to look forward I guess...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Yeah I know. It was actually just before December....at the time, I thought that's ok, they are on the way....either way, they will look pretty cool and it's something to look forward I guess...

Can't wait to see them! I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I mentioned getting a pair of White's Nomads recently. Ordered these through Baker Shoes. Specs:

•Toe Vamp Leather: Black Smooth
•Upper (Shaft) Leather: Black Smooth
•Counter Leather: Black Smooth
•Heel Base: Standard
•Heel Lifts: 1/4" Higher
•Midsole: Double
•Edge: Brown
•Sole: Vibram Composition Half Sole
•Size - Length: 9
•Size - Width: D (medium)

Here are a couple of pics:

Very heavy boots, with pronounced arches. Felt strange initially but after wearing them for a few hours on and off the bike, I could feel things start to mold in nicely. I'll wait a few weeks but if these work out well, thinking about ordering something similar in brown rough out with natural edges for the summer.

kyboots

Practically Family
I really like those Nomads and have since Jimmer posted some 1-2 years ago. Bought some RRLs but they are indeed too tight. Need to order the Wesco's vs the Nomads in a brown but it is hard decision. I have had Wescos for years and they are wonderful but heavy. Unable to get size 13 Mr Freedom. Wow still tough decisions. These new boots are all great.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I really like those Nomads and have since Jimmer posted some 1-2 years ago. Bought some RRLs but they are indeed too tight. Need to order the Wesco's vs the Nomads in a brown but it is hard decision. I have had Wescos for years and they are wonderful but heavy. Unable to get size 13 Mr Freedom. Wow still tough decisions. These new boots are all great.
Nomads are very heavy. I wouldn't try to hike in them. Perfect for riding, short walks, etc. FYI, the Nomad's per the forum do run a tad large; I wear 9.5 D in Red Wings and other brands but 9 D works for the White's. My feet are a bit on the wide side and I do wear a 9 E in Allen Edmonds and other dress shoes. But boot toes tend to come wider, and/or the leather seems to stretch a bit more over time as you wear them.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
They are solid as a rock. Great boots. I own a few pair Wesco, and a few pair of Whites. I was worried about the Whites arch, but as it turns out, I find them very comfy. The wesco are also very comfy. If I had to choose one over the other, I would take Whites. From my own pairs, I would say the Whites have a better overall "finish", heaps more variety and choice, and are reasonably priced compared to how quickly a pair of Wesco go up in price with a few options. I would be over the moon if Whites finally offered more options on Nomad, eg, longer instep straps, more options to go two tone. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. I'm a size 13 EE, so Road Champs etc are out. To be honest, $650 plus for Boss boots with a few add ons is a huge amount of money for me, so I wouldn't be buying 1k plus lofgrens etc anyway...Role Club by Brian, and the nat CXL by Motor,are the only ones I would consider spending big bucks on...but, I'm happy with my Boss boots, so it's a bit of a non issue anyway.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24