Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

53Effie

A-List Customer
Fantastic boots Pelican...I really like the design. I would sure be riding with them if they were mine. Looks like they would perfect for that. Have fun with them.

pelican

New in Town
Thanks guys. Go for it gomez. U won't be sorry. They've been making boots for 95 years. They know what they're doing.

Moonshine

New in Town
Just got these yesterday and I'm breaking them in today! Red Wing Heritage Collection Engineers, Model 2991. I think I'm going to like these better than I expected!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Sneak peek at my PTs

C94A1A90-7256-4D7C-ADFF-5CDC375C59AA-7283-000005F077075F4D.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Haha, yes you do Jimmer!

Here's the build:

Patrol toe, standard Boss heel, no celastic toe reinforcement, double midsoles, 705 half soles, black steer, 2" extra length on instep strap, and brass buckles from John @VEB. When I get the chance this weekend ill post more pics.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Yeah, I've been planning on ordering a black pair for a long time, but I keep buying other things (cough, White's Nomads, cough). I have a set of nickel Hukurokuju roller buckles set aside for when I finally get around to making the order.

My specs will be:

11" tall boss with standard round toe and last
Black oiled leather or maybe fire leather
Double midsoles with Vibram 705 half soles and natural edges
Possibly 1" longer straps

Is that the standard black oiled leather or an upgrade?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Jimmer, sounds like a great boot. These are standard steer. Pete's advice was most dudes upgrade to black fire just because it costs more. Now whether thats true or not, this stuff works for me:)

Last edited:

illumin8em

A-List Customer
RRL x Julian Imrie. These truly are my favorite boots I have had the pleasure of handling, I prefer them over the Mister Freedom Road Champs. I tool some comparison pictures of the two that I will post later today.

The toe (and entire forefoot actually) is reinforced with leather which keeps them soft toe, but sturdy. I hate to let them go, but it is time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24