Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enough with the logos

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
What's so funny? I'd buy one...lol

lol lol lol That's why Matt is my friend, and has been for nearly 9 years now! He's freaking hilarious!

Well he never smiles in his pictures, so I was a little afraid of him until now. ;)

It's still funny...still smiling...

Wild Root

Gone Home
PrettySquareGal said:
Well he never smiles in his pictures, so I was a little afraid of him until now. ;)

It's still funny...still smiling...

Well, it's funny, Matt is much like the great "Stone Face" (Buster Keaton) he never smiles but, is one funny guy!;)

=WR=

Haversack

One Too Many

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
Ralph Lauren designed ties too... I don't want his initials wrapped around my neck.

I'd like to have one of those Ralph Lauren ties that had the Pitcairn Autogiro on it, but then I just like Autogiros.:p

Pitcairn.jpg

shortbrim

New in Town
Billboard designer clothing

Can you imagine paying $1000 or $10,000 for a custome garment only to find the tailor has put his name in dayglow lettering on your back! Gimmie a break. Would you wear an expensive stetson with "Stetson" embroidered on the crown? Hmmm?

shortbrim said:
Can you imagine paying $1000 or $10,000 for a custome garment only to find the tailor has put his name in dayglow lettering on your back! Gimmie a break. Would you wear an expensive stetson with "Stetson" embroidered on the crown? Hmmm?

No way in either case. Clothing should be given character by the wearer not by the maker's name.

Regards,

J

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
This reminds me of Miss Manners saying how surprised she was to find out when the couple she thought were the Kleins, Anne and Calvin, really weren't.

To me, logos also apply to carrying bags emblazoned with a store's name. If the bag holds my purchase from the store, I'll carry it then, but not after I get it home. A few years ago, there was a lady on the bus who carried a little Victoria's Secret bag every day. I always wondered if she thought it made her seem sexier.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I like my clothes unadorned for the most part. But I'm not going to kill myself over a logo. If the clothing is quality and the price is right I buy it.

Just got some VERY nice polo-style from Izod, didn't see the logo until I got it home. Just the word Izod embroidered on the left sleeve in the same color thread as the fabric. Hard to see, actually.

*Ducks under desk*

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Designer Labels

I'm reminded of an old New Yorker cartoon (like 1975?) showing a 60-ish Yalie looking upper class dude dryly telling a little shopgirl "One supposes that if my parents wanted me to have Yves Saint Laurent's initials on my clothes, they would have named me Yves Saint Laurent." That says it all.
What amazes me is people wearing nice wool dress coats that have the designer label lightly stitch to the sleeve (meant to be removed!!!) who leave them there. TACKY!

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
What amazes me is people wearing nice wool dress coats that have the designer label lightly stitch to the sleeve (meant to be removed!!!) who leave them there. TACKY!

Do people actually DO this? Jeez, next thing you know they'll be leaving the price tags on their hats!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You use to be able to take out the embroidered RL or 'Designer Joe' logo with a good pair of seam rippers and a steady hand. Alas, modern technology has introduced the square 'adhesive' backing heated into the back of the logo, and fabric, making it impossible to remove.

Crappers.

LD

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I've always been of the opinion that if someone wanted to use my body as advertising space, they'd damn well pay me to do it...not the other way 'round!

I'd prefer my own logo! Far more stylish than any trendy modern designer.

small_chrome_wings.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy