Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Entry level junior G-Man/Inspector Gadget Trench Coat

Speedbird

A-List Customer
A well made Trench coat (size 40 chest) in Slate Grey from the British High Street in 1986. It was my first proper grown-up coat and looked cool with my first fedora. The hat has long since gone, but the coat has life in it yet.

It has some nice touches, including metal hook and eye throat closure and all the buttons have an interior backing button to lock them in place. I think at some point I had a seamstress hand sew all the main buttons on properly.

It has a single storm flap, belted at waist and cuff, and is complete with removable liner.

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

It is what it is; it is an honest thing and all I am really looking for is for it to go to someone, perhaps young, starting out in trenchcoats and fedoras. Somewhere it can get some use.

Postage and packing, pay pal fee plus £15??? [huh]
Open to suggestions really.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
What is the length on the sleeves? I am on the lookout for a decent trenchcoat, but being obscenely tall and skinny makes it a bit tough.

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Hi Yeps ... I will get out the tape measure tomorrow - but I suspect the sleeve length will be a tad short if you have long arms. I don't believe I have ever had long arms and I recall that they fitted about right when the rest of the trenchcoat fitted about right!

Thanks for taking an interest though and I will post measurements tomorrow as it is a bit late in the UK for precision work! ;)

Speedbird

A-List Customer
sleeve length

Hi Yeps

The trench has Raglan sleeves ... the outside measurement from the epaulette to cuff is 24" and the inner measurement from armpit seam to cuff is 17".

That doesn't strike me as long - probably proportionate to a 40" chest size.

I am or was just a smidge under 6' when I wore this. I wasn't skinny or fat back then. It looked 'right' on me but like I said yesterday I don't think my arms are long - I wear a Long fitting suit jacket now through choice of length in the body.

There is a inch of hem which could be let down say 1/2" - but then it may well leave a noticeable line where the original fold is.

Hope that helps and understand if it's not for you.

Andrew

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I don't think this will work out, I really do need longer sleeves than that.

I do hope you find a good home for it though.

Speedbird

A-List Customer
No problem! I hope I find a good home for it too, I am a sentimental old bugger - I would be useless as a trader as I would never actually want to sell anything! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy